Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to turn around on an incline (b/c i came to the end of the road), while my front wheel was turned to the right, i started rolling downhill and my bike started leaning to the left a bit, and slowly started leaning more as it was rolling backward. i hit the front brake to stop it from rolling backward and then it started leaning more and more to the left. i tried so freakin' hard not to but i laid her down as lightly as i could. luckily this is the only damage received from this embarassing moment:

:cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead :cussing :banghead

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That sucks, but it could have been much worse. Sounds like you did all you could. Sorry about your spill.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ouch!!!

Such a shame as going by the other photos here the bike looks pristine for an older bike.

Bikes can be so unwieldy unless you are moving at more than walking pace. Very embarrassing when it goes wrong & a serious pita.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to hear that...hate to see it. if it makes you feel any better, it could have been worse.
yeah, when i think about my ego i remind myself that more people have done worse things on their bikes, so i shouldn't be too concerned with a few dings. i just won't try to turn around on a hill again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah man, i just read that you dropped yours; any pics?

you are 100% correct, the first scratch/nick/ding/dent is the f'n worst!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was moving my ZX-12 around the garage wearing my leather soled dress shoes, had the wheel turned all the way when I stepped in some oil and that was it. It had less than 200 miles on it. It wasn't even dusty yet. Fortunetly I got off easy and just f'd up the mirror.

I was so pissed. On the other hand got it out of the way early.

·
Registered
151 Posts
damn dude i've had one like that kinda happen to me but for some reason no scratch. then my sister was sitting on it and she couldn't hold it up fell on her and again no scratch. i don't know how but my bike has laid over twice, and no scratch. lucky. when i layed mine down i felt like an ass that sucks though. don't look bad! bike still looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
the worse part about all these drops is that a person beats themselves up more than they deserve.....I know, I too have dropped my baby.....I was pissed at myself for days....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I worked on a 1978 KZ1000 for my old man for his 50 birthday. When it was finished I took it around the block for a test drive. It worked awesome! Upon pulling into the garage to park it I reved it up and dumped the clutch. The new master link in the chain broke and the chain ripped the side of the engine off. That was two years ago and I'm still pissed. I think everyone has 1 or 10 of these stories and they all suck!!!:runaway

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I worked on a 1978 KZ1000 for my old man for his 50 birthday. When it was finished I took it around the block for a test drive. It worked awesome! Upon pulling into the garage to park it I reved it up and dumped the clutch. The new master link in the chain broke and the chain ripped the side of the engine off. That was two years ago and I'm still pissed. I think everyone has 1 or 10 of these stories and they all suck!!!:runaway
LOL! i'm not laffin' about your accident, not sure if it's the way you wrote it, the way i read it, or b/c i can relate to being just pissed off. either way man, sorry to hear it. was your dad pissed or did he understand and just say "oh well, shit happens?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts