1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Driven Racing Block Off Plates.
CRAP

Crap fitment.
The holes weren't close enough so I had to fix them.
I don't know what they thought the plug was going to plug, it was like a giant vacuum stub cap, flimsy as hell.
Ended up using the Ivans plug off my ZRX as it wont need a airbox.
Wish companies would put a little effort into R&D.
Last Driven Racing item I ever buy.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ivans kit fit like a glove.Although you have to mess with the orange plastic plug going to the air box.
Craig

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
:lol i guess i won't be buying driven block off plates . Thanks for the review and sorry you wasted your money . I'm glad people take the time to write reviews like this.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Driven Rear Sprockets are okay...let me ask...a dumb question most likely...what's the difference between blocking the airbox hole...or blocking the plates?IS there a difference?Seems a lot simpler to just plug that pipe...and block the airbox as well.

·
18,914 Posts
Driven Rear Sprockets are okay...
:rotflmao aren't all rear sprockets driven?
There is no functional difference between blocking the hose and block off plates but you can get rid of most of the plumbing with the plates. I don't think you can get rid of the electronic valve because I'm pretty sure it will kick a code in the computer .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ivan sells 2 kits.One with the plates and an orange plastic screw in plug to the air box.And one with all that and a connecter for the electrical plug.I didn't see that one till after I bought the first one.I left the cable laying there and no issuses or codes so it seems like it doesn't matter.
Craig

·
18,914 Posts
Ivan sells 2 kits.One with the plates and an orange plastic screw in plug to the air box.And one with all that and a connecter for the electrical plug.I didn't see that one till after I bought the first one.I left the cable laying there and no issuses or codes so it seems like it doesn't matter.
Craig
Good deal I've never removed the valve so i wouldn't have known . I guess it makes sense though the valve just opens up to let air into the exhaust for the catalyst.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If ya wanted to keep it 'stock'...you could just put a plug inside that hose...push it down in there...kill two birds with one stone?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did fit them, I wasnt going that far only to button it back up, but I had to screw around at 3 in the morning to get them to go on, when all i wanted to do was go to sleep. I thought bugger it I'll fit them it'll only take 15 minutes going by my experience with the zrx and Ivans...

I chose block offs rather than just plugging it for neatness and ease of maintenance.
Much easier to get into that confined space now.
Also I ripped/cut most of that rubber mat out.

Ivans plug off the zrx went in nice and tight, had to push it in a bit then maintain some pressure while turning it with a spanner, well sealed now.
I would definitely buy Ivans kit next time.

As for the electricity connection on the Air Valve, it's just odd, I'd be curious to see if there's any differences in the burping and farting with the connection removed.
All I did was tape up the connection so it's not hanging out there for any liquids to find it's way in.
I've had no code from the valve being removed, 2006.
I know it's a totally different bike but on the zrx there is no electrical connection to the valve.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I bet you'd get a code IF you jumped those pins in there and grounded it.:smile

·
18,914 Posts
I bet you'd get a code IF you jumped those pins in there and grounded it.:smile
Go ahead , post up your results... oh yea pics or it didn't happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts