Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock 03 hindle slip on. 16 tooth countershaft sprocket. i have the 44 rear just not enough time to put it on before racing tonite. i think the rear is stock 46. what rpms do 12's like to be shifted? right at redline? what about rpms on launch? i had a 00 12 years ago but cant remember what it liked. some bikes power fall off before redline and some carry past. any help is appreciated. seems like i went a 9.75 @140 with around 1.65 short time on my 00. i weigh 215 suited up.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
stock 03 hindle slip on. 16 tooth countershaft sprocket. i have the 44 rear just not enough time to put it on before racing tonite. i think the rear is stock 46. what rpms do 12's like to be shifted? right at redline? what about rpms on launch? i had a 00 12 years ago but cant remember what it liked. some bikes power fall off before redline and some carry past. any help is appreciated. seems like i went a 9.75 @140 with around 1.65 short time on my 00. i weigh 215 suited up.
Launch around 4,000 to 4,400. The clutch likes to try to pull you through the lights if you get it too hot. 16-46(47 maybe?) is a good combo to start with. Shift 500 rpm before redline.Power falls off after that. I'm not talking rev-limiter, I mean redline on the tach. I believe you and I are on the same page, I just wanted to clarify. with low 1.50 60 ft's you'll be in the top of 4th or possibly need to shift to 5th before the finish line. You'll have to pay attention to the tach. You might be in an area of the rev range where you could bounce off the rev limiter if you stay in 4th or you might be able to get through without hitting 5th. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
One more thing to remember. This is about having fun. If you find yourself getting all twsted up in what you or the bike aren't doing then step back a minute and remember what you're there for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts