Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started getting my bike ready to drag race but ran into some problems, so can anyone tell me what they do when they lower the front end.
When i went to lower the forks through the triple claps i noticed that the handle bar clap doesn't tighten up onto the fork again as the fork is smaller when you lower it down.
How are you guy's over coming this?
And how lower are you dropping the front end?
And what suspension setting are you running in the front end?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dragrace my ZX6R..I lowered the triple trees 1.25 inches and then tightened the bolts back to the forks. I believe on the new 10's they have radially mounted brakes...so you would need a radial mounted lowering block. you can find them on schnitz.com...muzzys.com...brockracing.com Then just mount it and buy a lowering strap. CAUTION: If you are riding on the street I would not advise lowering it all the way...takes away the rebound from the front end..could cause a bad wobble/tank slapper when hitting a bump.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That's just... um.... er.... HOT.

I'm jealous now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dyltone ... i am a new member and also just bought a 05 zx-10 am installing the brocks megaphone and wanted to know if it give u enough clearance to ride around town thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
And when that bike pulls up next to me,I'm shutting mine off and walking the rest of the way!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im interested in the ground clearance thing too, Im debating building one for my bike. also my bike is lowered substantionally through lowering the forks in the trees and I have no adverse handling, I do however hate dips in the road and so does my lower fairing. that and having a drag built suspension doesnt help I guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts