Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going to the quater mile track and 8th mile on my 06ZX10R with around 1500k on it.Any advice on the best way to launch it?I noticed if I dont release the clutch completely and roll on the throttle it makes for the rpms under 4grand easier to get out of.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
slip the clutch, takes practice

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thefinger Hey Spliffyaid the real way you should try is by draining all the oil and coolant out then redline the throttle and then I'll dump on your mom.And someone will be definetly video tapping it.Thanks for the advice but I think my way is better. :thefinger

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
wow

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok if you wanna get a good launch the set ur firts bulb on the tree set ur desired rpms... and slowly let out of the clutch until it grabs a lil and walk the bike foward until you set your next buld... and then get ready to hold on for a ride... when the green light lights up roll on the gas and equaly let out of the clutch ...been doin it this way for a long time now ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
yea man the way i drag it is to get on the line then the tree will light then let out the clutch till u feel the power behind it then dump as much and as fast as u feel safe doing....GL

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,are u draging with stock gearing?if not ,what's your ratio? i've been battling with slipping my clutches on launching,it always seem to grab with a grunt.(06zx10r)

·
Registered
150 Posts
ok if you wanna get a good launch the set ur firts bulb on the tree set ur desired rpms... and slowly let out of the clutch until it grabs a lil and walk the bike foward until you set your next buld... and then get ready to hold on for a ride... when the green light lights up roll on the gas and equaly let out of the clutch ...been doin it this way for a long time now ..
never wait till you see green. if you see green at a stand still your RT sucks. leave on the last yellow bulb.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Drag racing?

Never quite got this

"Hmmm " i can go quicker than you - albeit in a straight line"

Must be an american thing :)

We (us UK posters) like to go quick round corners :) and get a quick lap time in (thats round corners)

Surely to go quick in a straight line all you need is money to throw at your bike, ie, nitros, longer swinging arms, super charger maybe?? = dollars

But to go round corners quick, you need handling, etc etc

Educate me :)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i like both, accleration in a straight line is meaningless without handling

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good point max. I like both also. they're 2 very different things that combine to make for fun.

Personally, I launch from about 9 grand, and slip the clutch till I'm revving no lower than around 7k, at which point the clutch will then be fully open. if I dump it too hard at the end then it just break traction, resulting in less acceleration but good times anyhow ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts