Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me (maybe because im 6'1) but the factory windshield is wayyyy to low. I got my light smoked puig double bubble (it looks super awsome btw) but its the perfect height. My friends honda 929 stock windshield is still taller than mine. Personally I think the stock windshield should be what puig considers a double bubble, even though it really isnt even that tall

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is it me (maybe because im 6'1) but the factory windshield is wayyyy to low. I got my light smoked puig double bubble (it looks super awsome btw) but its the perfect height. My friends honda 929 stock windshield is still taller than mine. Personally I think the stock windshield should be what puig considers a double bubble, even though it really isnt even that tall
No it's not just you. It would make perfect sense to fit a lot of todays sports bikes with a double bubble straight from the factory, the 6R is by no means the only bike that has a seriously low screen.

I'm 6ft and will be fitting a double bubble soon if for no other reason than I can't see the clocks properly with the current screen. Can you see the instruments properly with your Puig?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not just you. It would make perfect sense to fit a lot of todays sports bikes with a double bubble straight from the factory, the 6R is by no means the only bike that has a seriously low screen.

I'm 6ft and will be fitting a double bubble soon if for no other reason than I can't see the clocks properly with the current screen. Can you see the instruments properly with your Puig?
if i were to adjust to windscreen to what I would feel is the perfect height, thats exactly where my puig DB sits. Its cool because the light smoke one also says zx6r at the bottom so it matches very nice. Its the only style that says that.

Like i said before comparing my DB to my friends stock on his older honda. They are about the same height, in which I think the stock windscreen should sit

probably the most practical and best purchase so far since buying the bike

·
Registered
114 Posts
I never did mind the wind(after all that's why we ride)
but I wouldn't mind a little more protection against it.

I'm only 5'9 and even I get more than I'd like.

How much did you guys fork out for the Puig??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never did mind the wind(after all that's why we ride)
but I wouldn't mind a little more protection against it.

I'm only 5'9 and even I get more than I'd like.

How much did you guys fork out for the Puig??
$65

the wind isnt such a big deal its the fact I cant see the gauge cluster

·
Registered
234 Posts
I like my Puig in that it lets me see the gauges also but I get some buffeting if I am sitting upright but not completely perfectly straight upright (I catch the upper end of the wind coming over the fairing, if I sit completely straight upright though I get into the undisturbed airflow and its smooth sailing).

I would love to find a DB windshield with either a somewhat upcurving profile at the lip toward the rider or just a lower overall profile. Either get me completely inside the airflow or completely outside, when I am sitting up. Down on the tank, I'm good either way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If anybodies thinking about upgrading to a DB. Heres a couple of pics to give ya an idea...
Notice the difference in gauge view.

Heres a front shot as well

Switching to a DB windscreen is easy, cheap and a must have imo.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine is not that tall, atleast i dont think. Mine sits about halfway from that one and the stock one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts