Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always hear people say that everyone will have an accident one day. Is it true that every biker will have at least one crash or if you are a sensible rider, then you will never have one?

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's possible to never crash but, there's other circumstances beyond your control out there no matter what you riding skill level is. The more & longer you ride, the more likely it is you'll crash at some point :evil

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Expect the worst... but hope for the best my friend.

I hope you never crash, or that nobody did... but as stated, if it was in your control all the time... only the truly crazy and adventurous would crash. We've all seen that this is not the case.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've always said its not a matter of IF but WHEN. I'm sure there is some Gold Wing rider out there somewhere that is the exception to the rule but I think if we are talking sport bikes your more likely to crash than not.

I've never been in an auto accident driving a car. Never hit anyone, drove in the ditch, backed into something, etc. On the other hand I can't even tell you how many times I've laid down a bike. Twenty at least. But every time I was speeding or doing something 'illegal'

I guess my point is if I rode my bike the way I drive the family minivan there is a chance I might of never laid a bike down. But I wouldn't have had any fun ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I always said its not if but when and this past wednesday was when. I still have the black and blues and cracked ribbs to prove it. But I am still here and I rode the bike home from the accident!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Inexperience will haunt you for a while, then commen sence.... If you use your head you should be fine... Exept if you get rammed into!!!!:tard

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's part of the learning process of riding.
Your trully experienced riders have all crashed.
I've crashed 3 times and still learning after 35 years of riding.
Never say never.
We all pray to walk away,the less fortunate don't.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you classify an "accident" as everytime the bike go down, then for sure, everyone will eventually have an accident.

I also agree that maybe there will be a Harley / Cruiser rider out there that will "retire" from riding without going down, but I think everybody will have an incident sometime.

Have had a couple myself in my younger days, especially with my 50cc in school, and two with a Honda CBX 1000. Luckily none serious

·
Registered
288 Posts
I always hear people say that everyone will have an accident one day. Is it true that every biker will have at least one crash or if you are a sensible rider, then you will never have one?
i say the same thing but to this very day i have yet to gone down since i've been riding street bikes. thats 24 years on and off. i just believe you do anything long enough something is bound to go wrong. weather it's your fault, someone else's fault, mechanical, road conditions, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts