Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This plug is the mate to the one on the ZX-12 (and other models?) wire harness. It is available from Kawasaki (part # 26011-1773) but is sold as a dust/splash cover for the wire harness plug. What I need to find is the mfg so I can order the male pins that snap into it. Or if I can just get the dimensions of the pins I may be able to find something similar that I can force in there.

BTW this is the exact same plug used by the Yoshimura YAFMS R-421 or Yosh box and plugs into most of the Suzuki Sport bikes.

I've designed a box that should do for the zx-12 what the yosh box does for the Suzukis but I need the plug.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked to some one who actually tracked down the maker of the above plug and said that they refuse to sell them to anyone other than the bike manufacturers.

Time for plan B....whatever that is ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
It kinda looks like a "DEUTSCH" type plug,they are used in all kinds of "GM" car connections, Car Computer connections I believe.I will do a little digging to see what I can find out.
Ed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It actually looks like a nissan altima radio plug. I would go through the local car bone yard. you will find something. My brother replaces pins like that on car EMS's. He gets the kits from Lee auto parts. All you want are the replacement pins right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, all I need is the right pins. They just snap into place. If I can get an example of the correct one then I can measure it and find them online by their dimensions and order a hundred or so.

Do you have a link or Mfg/Partnum for these pin kits?

·
Registered
14 Posts
http://www.electerm.com/packardweather.html

An ECU/RidgeRacer fan here.:mfclap

The connectors with the rubber inserts are called, 'weather connectors' or 'weatherpack'. These are the terms I've heard used in the auto world. Try those key words. Hope this helps find your connectors.

I have a question about the A and B Fuel/Injection files. What do they represent? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts