Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month or so ago i crashed my 08 ZX6R for the first time in 4 years. The day that i crashed, i stripped the bike down and see whats broken. Found all the parts that needed to be replaced and left the bike as is. Today i wanted to make sure the bike still ran so i started putting it back together. However im left with a small hose in front of the cylinders and behind the plug coils. A diagram shows its part of the throttle assembly. but doesnt show where the end goes.

Heres a picture of the hose...

Also i thought maybe it vented to the atmosphere but the bike starts, idled for a few seconds and then dies. I can keep it going with the idle screw, but when i rev it up abit with the throttle. The rpms climb, hold for 3 seconds and then drop.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Look for an outlet on the bottom of the airbox. It's probably dying due to being leaned out with no filter and airbox.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
When you took everything off your bike. Do you remember anything giving you some trouble with something caught? Could be air box has hammer said. Does your bike have the kleen system like my 99 9r where it takes some of the exhaust to puts it back into the bike to use up un burnt fuel?

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
most likely a breather hose for pressure from the carbs

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Agree, airbox bottom or side. But its too damn long!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not the airbox. I have the Kleen mod/block off plates. Theres 3 ports on the airbox. One is capped off for the kleen mod and the other two are towards the rear of the box (one small outlet and one large outlet) which both hoses are hooked up. I thought maybe the hose that goes onto the gas tank but thats not either. I dont see any outlets on the airbox, gas tank or engine for this damn thing.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
I see there is a stainless hose clamp on the other end. Did you do the block-off plate mod yourself, or was it already done when you got the bike? The hose may have been connected to the vacuum pot and may just need to be plugged.

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche on Bike Bandit, it appears to be a hose that goes to a 'T' fitting and then connects to the charcoal canister (part of the evaporative emissions system) I would just plug it and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
im pretty sure that doesnt go to anything.. it points towards the ground. hard to say without being there to nose around

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it, it goes to a sensor on the right side of the airbox. It must have gotten snagged on something when i was taking everything apart.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
glad you figured it out man!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, now i just gotta fix her up. I'm debating whether to keep it or trade it in and get a 2009 or 2012 ZX10R. I can get a great deal on the 09, but i dont like the front end (i love the tail though) but 55hp more and an amazing looking bike, i could just get a 2012.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts