Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you had fitted your own bolt-on exhausts? If so, could anyone give me some guidance, or if anyone can point me to an article...

I just purchased the 'Plain Ti Dual Port' for my 07 10R (Still waiting for the exhausts to turn up. I also order a fender eliminator..). See link: http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/evo_race_cans.asp

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
follow the directions u got

·
Registered
53 Posts
follow the directions u got
Like he said you should have good instructions that come with your system. I just installed a set of race baffles and they didn't have a instruction list for actually getting the cans off the bike. Just in case you have a similar problem, I will give you the basic rundown for getting your old cans off.

-Remove the passenger pegs, rear brake reservior, heat shields off cans, side covers, seat.
-Loosen heat sheild on right side of bike
-Remove 6 pop in pins ( 4 located underneath tail section in black plastic area and 2 located on top of tail area where the back of the seat was located).
-Remove Passenger Seat
-Remove 4 allen screws where passenger seat was that hold the rear tail plastic to the frame.
-Lift rear plastic up slightly and disconnect the side markers, brake light, and light for tag.
-With rear tail plastic raised, remove the bolts that are holding the cans to the muffler bracket. (You can remove the key and lock mechanism and remove the rear tail section completely if this is easier. I just lifted it up a bit to gain access to the bolts).
-Remove 3 can bolts that mount the muffler to the exhaust. Support the muffler and remove the remaining 4th bolt and the muffler.

Your tool kit has all the tools needed for the job but a 1/2" or 13mm deep socket and extention will make removing the stock cans faster. I also used terry cloth towels to help keep myself from nicking the paint in some spots. Don't forget about the little breaker bar with your tools. This will help loosen your passenger pegs which were on kinda tight for me.

I may have left something out so feel free to ask or send me a pm if you get stuck on something. Maybe this will get you in the ballpark if your instructions suck. Good luck with the install and post some pics and vid when you get everything put back together!:crazyloco

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the fantastic list of instructions... I can't get this wrong....

You guys are the best .....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
pics

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The sound is awesome guys.... It has a really deep growl sound. The end tips need to be removed first though. Once removed, the sound is simply amazing!!

They cost £440 delivered (purchased on the internet ZX10R 05-06). They are the Titanium Dual Cans:
http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/evo_prices.asp?make=36&dsc=KAWASAKI

As soon as I can, I will record the sound and somehow put up a posting.

Once again, thanks for all your help guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts