Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after debating between the Suzuki 650SF and the Ninja 650. I settled on the Ninja 650R as my first bike. I took the MSF class, back in spring(Hopefully I haven't forgotten everything), and the 250's felt like little toys, to me. I'm 5'9" and 200lbs.

So, scoring for bikes online, and I found numerous '08 bikes for around $3000(it being around Winter, it's expected), and the newer aggressive '09 for about $4200.

I like the style of the '09s but not for the $1200 price difference. Is it worth the $1200 difference? I did find someone who was willing to sell me his '09 for $3000, has 10k miles. But, that just screams scam to me, with it being so cheap...I don't know. It's tempting. Probably cause he doesn't take care it, pictures posted it, was of it in the rain. ..Also, with bikes, is there a mileage where I should be cautious..like with cars, its 100k-150k. Is there a mileage with bikes?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Check for a rebuilt title. Mileage depends on how it was rode. I've seen a bike with 8k miles run and look like shit, but I have seen a bike with 80k miles run and look beautiful and the reverse of course.

Check to make sure all the routine maintenance was done. You can find shop manuals through google easy. Asking probing questions about how it was ridden is a lot more useful to me, to know the condition of the bike.

For a first bike, you want it to be as mechanically sound as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts