Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if i should buy new tires next week when i do my spring tune up out of storage. its my first bike so i'm not sure how long tires last, here are the ones that are on now:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tyres...

The back tyre is still good for a good few miles. You can change the front tire though, he looks a bit old and abused. Get yourself a Michelin Pilot Power for sporty riding or a Michelin Pilot Road 3 for sport touring. Just my choice of tyre. Good luck and have a save rideing season.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Yup the back looks good but the front is used up. Maybe check the manufacture date on the back tire to make sure its not over 4 years old. Also I'd stick with the same type tire front and back so if you go with a different front then change the back too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great,
thanks guys, previous owner is my friend and he said he raced it a bit so that would explain that.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The front is actually still good for some highway miles, but I wouldn't push it too much in the turns

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, the front still has 300-400 miles left in it....

Wait until the side slots start curling up like bad fingernails, (like the middle slot is starting to do), then replace it. The front looks like a BattleAx BT-016. Is it?

Nice scrubbage by the way...

·
16,062 Posts
That's funny,
he was either going in a perfectly straight line, or scraping his elbow
and nothing inbetween. :lol

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
look for the raised area in the water displacement grooves, thats your safe wear mark, once down to that, swap it.
Front looks shot and no longer round.... I'd loose it imo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've only had the bike for 1000km
Front will be replaced this weekend,
Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts