Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got word from DJ this morning that they are shipping the Connie14 PCIII out later this week!:crazyloco

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd also give Superbike Supply a call they have great prices 828-252-2280. They show 260 with free shipping for the ZX14.

I'd be willing to bet the PC for the ZX14 is the same as the Connie. The only difference will be the map.

I had a 04 powercommander on my 06 CBR only difference was the map you used.

·
Registered
23 Posts
jERRI, COULD YOU TELL MET HE TOP SPEED YOU HAVE ATTAINED WITH YOUR CAL 6 IN WINDSHIELD WITH NO PROBLEMS AND ALSO IF YOU HAVE A THROTTLE MEISTER HOW MANY SHIMS DID YOU USE FOR SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION OR ANY SHIMS AT ALL AND WHICH SIZE, THANKS SO MUCH JIM [email protected]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jim,

Since iv'e put on the CalSci my top speed GPS was 135mph. Oh, on a closed course, of course. No problems at all at that speed it was all the way down and I was fully behind it. I dont have a Throttlemeister, just a rocker so I cant help you there.. Maybe 08CC14 can help you with that, I'm pretty sure he has one on his bike.

Jerry

·
Registered
368 Posts
...IF YOU HAVE A THROTTLE MEISTER HOW MANY SHIMS DID YOU USE FOR SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION OR ANY SHIMS AT ALL AND WHICH SIZE, THANKS SO MUCH JIM [email protected]
You're right Jerry, and I even wrote down what I used just in case someone asked that question. On the throttle side I used two S010 shims, two S020 shims, and one W055 washer. On the left side I used two W055 washers. These part numbers are nomenclature from the installation sheet so they won't make much sense to you if you don't already have a Throttlemeister in front of you. Each shims/washer are of a different thickness, the thinest stacked on the inside per the instructions. Oh, and don't forget to include the inner adapter (AB50) which they should have supplied with your order.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anybody has some document where's shown, in table or so, performances (HP and torque) with/without PowerCommander?

I'm interested to know about HP and torque growth with PC, because I don't find it has too much sense on already perfect Connie, but man's psycho is strange thing... :crazyloco:crazyloco:crazyloco

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anybody has some document where's shown, in table or so, performances (HP and torque) with/without PowerCommander?

I'm interested to know about HP and torque growth with PC, because I don't find it has too much sense on already perfect Connie, but man's psycho is strange thing... :crazyloco:crazyloco:crazyloco
Dyno charts are posted on their site, http://fuelmotousa.com/2008_kawasaki_zg1400_concours.htm

Do it!!!!

:mfclap

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now, when I'm looking at this charts here

I realize that these data on that Charts shows some power which is even lower than factory declared (155 HP), so there's two possibilities:

1. I didn't understood english language quite well, and
2. These data belonging NOT to Concours14, or is shown minimum values that Power Commander can set, or how these charts must be read... help me, for God sakes!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Most/all manufacturers report power generated at the crank. There are loses that occur between the crank and the rear tire. Somewhere around 15% I remember reading.

Please reference your pics. It says fuel moto, so I'm going to assume that's frank's (FJM's) dyno run with the stock exhaust, flies in, etc..?

wait.. i'm half asleep here.. run014.. that's my run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts