Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't found a thread on this. Anyone know of one that may be a "sticky" somewhere? I have the service manual but I need a small child to be able to get their hands in the super tight space between the air box and the valve cover. :lol
Seriously, this is gonna be a busted knuckle job if ever I saw one. :eek:hno

· Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,875 Posts
You might get lucky and just have to check them a lot of these bikes go through the first "valve adjustment " with nothing more than just checking clearence . These easiest way is to pull the engine but that's a little more work in the long run unless you have to adjust them then you have to pull the came etc so check them first before you commit to any major tear down .

11,772 Posts
I did my 636 a couple years ago and it's a pretty tedious job, if you ask me. If I weren't so broke, I'd seriously consider finding a good shop in town to take care of it for me next time. But, I AM broke so, I'm sure I'll be elbow deep in it again this year.

But anyway, it's doable...just a bit of a pain in the ass. And a manual is a necessity. Good luck.

· Registered
69 Posts
what milage should u check them.

· Registered
69 Posts
k on all our bikes I was advised to check them after break in.The gsxr and zx10r were simple to check zx14 dont look so easy.

· Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,875 Posts
I just did mine at 19,600 miles, one #4 intake was tight.
Most people report either no adjustment or very little adjustment on the first valve check but that one tight valve could turn into a major problem especially if you drive in hot weather or you race the crap out of the engine . All it takes is for that valve to get too hot once witch would cause too much expansion therefore holding the valve slightly open . That's when it all gets ugly .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.