Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked and answered but I'm at a loss. Last year I went through my and redid a lot (new fairings, tires, jetted, integrated tails and mirrors etc) here's the problem... The cheap mirrors I bought had a screw come out and short out the led... So I bought a new set because they worked fine but now when I put the left directional on all four blink, but when I put the rift directional on everything is fine. When we did the mirrors and tail last year I put resisters in and we couldn't get anything to work properly, we took the resisters out and everything worked fine....

So basically why would all four blink only when left directional is turned on? Also the dash indicator for the directional comes doesn't come on when the left directionals are turned on...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like the new mirrors are different in some way " less LED's, lower power LED's or something "

the reason why all four come on is that you could have a crossed wire some where. Have you tried to remove one thing at a time and see if the problem goes away ..

You can start by disconnecting the left front mirror and turn on the left side and see if that makes your problem go away if so try a resistor or it could be a bad mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried switching the wires, taking one off at a time and still same issue. Left directional works fine, right causes all four to blink. I've checked out the wiring diagram and know that nothing is crossed. I'm just at a loss of ideas, and it's beautiful in upstate new York which makes me want to ride even more

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've checked wiring multiple times and had my buddy whose a diesel mechanic to take a look at it and the wiring diagram nothing is hooked up incorrectly. I had LEDs on previously and it worked fine until the led blew from a screw coming out inside the mirror itself.

We checked the switch and all looks correct. The only thing that I do know is that it is wired correctly... Also it only happens when the one directional is on. One side works correctly the other acts like flashers...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Here is what I can tell you.

1: There is something wired incorrectly.
2: The indicators do not work correctly.

Those are your options, and if you are so damn sure they are wired correctly, then it leaves one option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts