Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started "dipping" my bike today...got the mirrors and front fender done....tomorrow looking to get the tail section and my spare tank done tomorrow before I go to work...my bike already has a polished frame so I decided to go with black for now....in a week or 2 will probably change it.....pics will be up tomorrow....its looking sweet so far

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Uhh, dipping? Could you be more vague?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
My buddy had a couple pieces of trim done, and his helmet. Both looked pretty good.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Oh god you are one of those...

Well gentlemen, it's been fun. The ricer community has made it into sport bikes.

Plasti-dip is garbage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nothing to do with 'the ricer community'.....its called wanting to change the way my bike looks...thats it..nothing more and nothing less
why is plasti-dip garbage...this is the first time ive used it so im open to all tips and expierience with it

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
.. If done right and not done excessively, I think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
66 Posts
I plasti dipped my car rims since the chrome was corroding. Came out looking good and if I have the money for re chroming I can just peel the stuff off. Rule of thumb is the more coats the better, makes removing it a hell of a lot easier when you want to take it off.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Hydro-dipping is how most of the faux carbon-fiber stuff is finished. Saw a demonstration vid where a guy dipped his hand in phony c-f.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts