Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another problem with my rebuild...so many problems...
I noticed that one of the pipes has a pretty good ding in it just before the pipes come together. I have a Vance & Hines pipe that is fairly rusty. I tried to separate the pipe at the connection under the oil pan, but the thing won't budge. I think if I get it apart, I may be able to use a bar to knock the ding out of the pipe. I am curious how much a ding like this would affect performance. There is a stumble while running, and looking down the pipe while running, can see occasional flames. I haven't had time to work on the thing this week, so the normal stuff like compression test, valve clearances, timing, ect haven't been checked yet. New plugs were installed, but I have been messing with the carb and may have fouled them already. Could the dinged pipe cause an engine stumble? Anyone have an old stock pipe or old headers that they aren't using anymore?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.