Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new 600cc bike.

I have had my eye on the 636 ninjas since they came out. But then the new 07 have come out.

I went down to a local dealership the other day and found that they had one brand new 2006 636. Asking price was $10,500.

Im also interested in picking up the new 07s. I believe it was around $12,400 ish.

I live in Canada BC.

Woud like some help, and suggestions. Ive test drove the 636 and just loved it, but havent had the chance to get on the 07.

Would like to pick it up real soon, need some advice.
thank you

·
Registered
330 Posts
As far as pricing, in Canada anyway - $10,500.00 for the '06 ZX-636R is too much (IMO) unless that is out-the-door pricing (freight PDI etc). You should be looking at a reduced sticker price of between $9,500-$10,000; closer to the $9,500 mark actually for this year old model. As far as which one is better to get, that's up to you and what you want. The '06 has the bigger displacement engine but the '07 will also have it's advantages like possibly slightly improved handling, some minor styling changes and is a year newer. If you want to do a bunch of modifications right away, there will be more accessories available now for the '06 bike than the '07.
Anyway - that's my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't know how the Canadian dollar is to the US dollar but those quotes you have are ZX10R prices down here!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glockt: The exchange rate isn't nearly as far apart as it was a couple of years ago (add about 12% on to your U.S. pricing norm) but; we seemd to get screwed, price wise, on pretty much anything to do with bikes in Canada. It's even worse on the insurance & let's not even think about accessories:cussing

·
Registered
27 Posts
the 636 in my opinion is the better street bike and the '07 is the better track bike. But if your a newbie you won't be able to even ride either bike to its limits. You should be happy with either bike. Just get the one that you like the best. (looks, feel, color, etc.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts