Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
What are some main differences in both bikes? Ride style? handling? bikes looks the same i think.
Maybe the older ZX6 looks like the ZZR but they dont handle the same. The ZZR will have higher bars and lower rear sets for more comfort and touring ability. The ZX will have lower bars and higher rear sets so that you can go lower and faster in the corners. Also (I could be wrong) i think the ZX has different set of gear ratios for sport riding and the suspension set up is sport (Harder) than the ZZR

:smile

·
Registered
34 Posts
The zzr 600 is the 99-01 zx6r rebadged as the zzr 600. The new zx6r is a much more compact and more powerfull bike. (close to 20hp). Depends on what your going to use it for. The zzr is probably realistically enough bike for most people with looks and comfort to boot. The 6r is really a track bike for the street. Another nice part about the zzr is, you can order any part for the 99-01 zx6r and they bolt on to the zzr....There are pluses and minuses to both....

·
Registered
41 Posts
the difference is that they only made 1.2 million ZZRs- and they made -45.5 million ZXs..if you want to be like everybody else get the ZX.. if you want to be [slightly] different,get the ZZR..you can only ride a ZX for about 20 minutes..[your hands will numb out and your legs will drag on the ground..]whereas a ZZR you could ride all day long[gas up at least once]..yeah, the ZX looks hot- but do you think its worth all the chiropractor bills??everyone says the ZZR is outdated and old..cmon, how much power do you need?-90 h.p. is plenty and that comfort is what got me to get one -as i dont like chiropractors..:rolleyes

·
Registered
19 Posts
the difference is that they only made 1.2 million ZZRs- and they made -45.5 million ZXs..if you want to be like everybody else get the ZX.. if you want to be [slightly] different,get the ZZR..you can only ride a ZX for about 20 minutes..[your hands will numb out and your legs will drag on the ground..]whereas a ZZR you could ride all day long[gas up at least once]..yeah, the ZX looks hot- but do you think its worth all the chiropractor bills??everyone says the ZZR is outdated and old..cmon, how much power do you need?-90 h.p. is plenty and that comfort is what got me to get one -as i dont like chiropractors..:rolleyes
whatever im already on my second back surgery possibly going on a third, and i ride an 07 6r. also mind you im 6'3", and ihave no problem with the riding position, and ive been riding it for the last 2 weeks on a broken foot that is painful to even walk on. the 6r doesnt bother me a bit, and i have spent up to 3 hours at a time only getting off of it to gas up and stretch a little bit. i have no problem clutching it in first and only setting down my left foot (the right is broken). the zzr is just for a new rider who is scared of a fast machine, or cant afford the 6r, or is very very economical

if you cant decide between a sport touring and a supersport, get a z1000. if you want the sweetest handling bike or just the most amazing looking, get the 6r. personally i couldnt justify buying a new zzr because i would get bored with it in an hour or two. or maybe it would be nice for say, a little girl

i cant hate on it too much though...it is a kawi after all. i would still take even the 650r over it though

·
Registered
379 Posts
whatever im already on my second back surgery possibly going on a third, and i ride an 07 6r. also mind you im 6'3", and ihave no problem with the riding position, and ive been riding it for the last 2 weeks on a broken foot that is painful to even walk on. the 6r doesnt bother me a bit, and i have spent up to 3 hours at a time only getting off of it to gas up and stretch a little bit. i have no problem clutching it in first and only setting down my left foot (the right is broken). the zzr is just for a new rider who is scared of a fast machine, or cant afford the 6r, or is very very economical

if you cant decide between a sport touring and a supersport, get a z1000. if you want the sweetest handling bike or just the most amazing looking, get the 6r. personally i couldnt justify buying a new zzr because i would get bored with it in an hour or two. or maybe it would be nice for say, a little girl

i cant hate on it too much though...it is a kawi after all. i would still take even the 650r over it though

Man, it sounds like you need a padded room or something (just kidding). What happened if you dont mind me asking that your sitting with a messed foot and back?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man, it sounds like you need a padded room or something (just kidding). What happened if you dont mind me asking that your sitting with a messed foot and back?
haha im much nicer than you'd think :) my foot is broken because i got mad and kicked something hard enough to break it, and my back has been screwed since i was a teenager from a bad fracture, and i broke my shoulder twice and tore my rotator cuff doing jiu jitsu which led to more problems after that :runaway :runaway

the zzr isnt so bad, i remember the 6r at the time. i really shouldnt bash it so much. im just...very enthusiastic about my 07 and i felt like he was attacking it, which isnt so fair, because its helpless without me

·
Registered
41 Posts
i was just screwing with ya-the ZX6 is not as uncomfortable as i said ,but its a track race bike not a street bike [like the ZZR is]you say a ZZR is a lame ride -its not- as its based on a older NINJA so to call it a ladies bike is #@$%#$% stupid..ZX14 and ZX10 riders think a ZX6 is for girls as well??this is dumb -for although larger bikes require slightly more skill to ride, any jerk with enough money [and no brains]can ride one .i like all types of bikes from SHERPAS to ZX14s and any one who owns any of these machines is alright by me..the other exaggeration about eveybody owning ZXs is that i think its good to have a little variety than everybody riding the same bikes-a good analogy is a ZX6 is like a 69 CAMARO and the ZZR is like a 70 GTO.. that guy wanted info on a ZZR here it is:its cheaper,more comfortable,and with some tweaks can run with new sportbikes no problem,and if your unsure of what bike to own -dont buy new [and waste depreciation$$]get a good used bike and then trade up later to a liter bike or ZX14 or of course,a ZZR...:lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
its all good i was just being an asshole :) theres absolutely nothing wrong with the zzr, i was going a little far. i would much rather have had the ZZR than my last ride, a honda f3

also i will be the first to admit that a good enough rider would probably leave my ass behind on the 6r, im not capable of pushing it to its limits, but i love it anyways

sorry to bash your bike, my intent was only to say that the 6r isnt as bad as you made it out to be. yes its street manners are poor, but it is a supersport, and a very good one at that, which is why some might find it uncomfortable, but i for one am more than happy to put up with it

enjoy your zzr, go put some miles on it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts