Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really really hate this stupid digital tachometre, i cant stand it.does anyone make an aftermarket gauge cluster that gives you all the regular info but the tach is a needle??searching i read somewhere that someone was trying to put a 2007's tach on for the same reason because the 2007's is a needle but the topic got droped and thats all i found.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Change out the LED's to a different color to help the numbers stand out and more easy to read. Somewhat easy mod if you are mechanically inclined and aren't affraid of doing some electrical work! :crazyloco

·
Registered
49 Posts
I never look down at it while I'm riding, I even have a sticker over the speedo.
When I was a beginner, I notice that sometimes I would lose my rhythm when riding (on the track) I realized the problem was happening because I was looking down at the instruments.
If you're going slow you don't need to look at the revs, and when you're going fast enough to have the engine high in the rev range, you shouldn't be looking at the instruments. Get into the habit of not looking and you will soon be able to hear the revs and feel the torque and know exactly when to change gears.

Pete.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Change out the LED's to a different color to help the numbers stand out and more easy to read. Somewhat easy mod if you are mechanically inclined and aren't affraid of doing some electrical work! :crazyloco
This guy will do it for you pretty cheap. He did my '07 tach (pic on website) and turnaround was amazing and the quality is top notch.

Clicky

·
Registered
234 Posts
The whole reason they changed it for the 07 is because so many people complained about the digital tach. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
This guy will do it for you pretty cheap. He did my '07 tach (pic on website) and turnaround was amazing and the quality is top notch.

Clicky
Does the mod drastically improve the visibility? Or just a little? I tried changing the angle of the cluster AND painting the windshield black. Unless I'm fully tucked, I can't even see the low fuel LED (and really, who's looking at the gauges when your fully tucked?!?!) I agree it's a horrible design and I've been looking for something different. I was really hoping the LCD on the power commander was going to be bigger.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Little trick on the 05 636 if you renew your cluster. Your milage will drop to 0.
Had to replace mine a while ago and saw that after I started the bike I had zero miles on it. :crazyloco

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does the mod drastically improve the visibility? Or just a little? I tried changing the angle of the cluster AND painting the windshield black. Unless I'm fully tucked, I can't even see the low fuel LED (and really, who's looking at the gauges when your fully tucked?!?!) I agree it's a horrible design and I've been looking for something different. I was really hoping the LCD on the power commander was going to be bigger.
He just changes the color of the LEDs that light up the tach and speedo from that gay orange color. Mine is green and it looks tricked out and is very bright. He doesn't touch the LEDs for the fuel, brights, blinker, etc. I'm sure he would though if you wanted him to though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts