Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought id show what i did all weekend. still got a little left to do(hids, find a place to mount my front brake resivior..etc)

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Very nice, love the blue accent lights, should look really cool at night.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, love the blue accent lights, should look really cool at night.
yeah they give off about a 2ft circle around the bike on the road, lights me up rather nicely

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the same thing last year.
But, I never rode it.
Can't wait to hear how it rides/feels.

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/49510-flipped-bars-6-0-bar-riser-kit.html
my buddy did this to his636, i rode it, it felt like i had a little more control over the bike. i always loved dirtbike bars on sportbikes, and this is the closest(cheapest) way to get it somewhat close to that. just gotta cut my fairing and ill be set! ( my buddys looks like it was stock he cut it so nicely)

did you make that little bar to connect the two?

cant wait til riding season!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was wondering what was up with your clip-ons...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welllllll... i finally was able to ride it this weekend with the new gearing, and all i can say is wow! what a great investment that was. the low end torque is unbelievable now, i absolutely love it. Also installed the hids yesterday, look real good imo, will throw some pictures up later. also cut the fairing so i have a better turning radius now that my bars are flipped + reversed. ride is real comfortable, feel like i have much more control of the bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice build, I like that blue lighting you did. What brand of HID's did you use, and where did you order them from?
i ordered from ddm tuning. order the 10000k hids, everyone claims they were to be purple, but they look blue to me. the only problem i had with them is that they dont give tracking info or anything, and they dont respond to emails. but i got my product after about a week. installed fine, work perfect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my buddies 636, and my zx after we cut the fairings. im gunna attempt to tint my stock windscreen with VHT nightshade (used for taillight tinting and what not)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: Today i road about 150 miles with the new gearing, tire, and flipped bars. I absolutely love how my bars are, much more comfortable and can still maneuver like no other. The gearing is amazing, didnt realize how much more torque i had, and the Continental tire grips great, not slippery at all like some other thought it was. Over all im super happy with everything

·
Registered
47 Posts
Awesome!!
Absolutely love the yellow,looks awesome with the blue lights.
I have the same bike but the blue one..
Where did you get the lights? I might have to look Into them, I love it!
How did you mount them/ where?
Is there a switch that u hooked up to turn them on?
If so where did you put it?
Sorry ...21 questions!

Thanks!

Sick bike!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome!!
Absolutely love the yellow,looks awesome with the blue lights.
I have the same bike but the blue one..
Where did you get the lights? I might have to look Into them, I love it!
How did you mount them/ where?
Is there a switch that u hooked up to turn them on?
If so where did you put it?
Sorry ...21 questions!

Thanks!

Sick bike!
Thanks man. i actually went to the local autoparts store, and bought blue led strips, that have an adhesive on the back side so i just stuck them on and wired them to a switch. ill take some better pictures for ya, just gimmie a little bit lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
6 Posts
tight bike, thats a really different look how you cut upper fairing. but how do you like the yoshi exhaust(slip-on or full system?)? i was interested because of the price but was unsure about the how it sounds and power gain if any.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whats the point of lifting the clipons and cutting the fairing??? Is this for stunting or something else??? I really don't get it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tight bike, thats a really different look how you cut upper fairing. but how do you like the yoshi exhaust(slip-on or full system?)? i was interested because of the price but was unsure about the how it sounds and power gain if any.
thanks man.its just a slip-on, wish i couldve afforded the whole system, but it sounds great, especially once you have it broken in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts