Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it cost me no money since i did this in my metal smithing class. i used only one copper plate, it all took me 4 hours to do.
the pics are not that good since i just took these tonight. The bracket is mounted on the left rear foot peg. Later on i will make a better one that will hook to both foot pegs. This is just my first time so it's somewhat crappy, but it all turned out really good for a first try.

anyways..here are the pics. nuff talk.

Feedbacks please.

ps. For some damn reason the bolt from my left side plastic piece right under the seat came lose and lost it when i was riding..wth? is it just me or does kawasaki do a bad job on tightening bolts?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last night when i was riding the bracket broke, got stuck in between the swing arm and the tire. i don't know how long i was riding for with that happening. luckily nothing happened. i just designed a new one and will be making it perhaps next week or so. so stay tuned peeeps.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just curious - what did you do for a plate light, or did you not go with one?

I want to mount my plate in the same basic position and could make the holder no problem but fashioning & wiring a small led light unit would certainly be more challenging :headscratch There are some small led units that would work - just a matter of attaching to the plate holder & wiring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
looks good hopefully the new one will last longer....and as far as the bolts go....I've lost like 3....nothing important but it is annoying...now I check mine often..just in case. also, for plate lights check out AEC cycle off elkhorn...they have some little plate bolts with built in LED's they are nice ans pretty bright

·
Registered
164 Posts
arden....kinda by sac state

1 - 9 of 9 Posts