Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend's 250cc MotoGP race...did anyone see the wreck??

Click here to watch the video.

I dont know how bad he came out afterwards, but its hearsay that he broke his pelvis, broke two ribs, took a helicopter ride out, and was released the next day. The initial impact probably shoved his pelvis into the tank, and I bet his neck was sore the next day.

I wonder whose wife he slept with the night before to bring this upon himself.

Do people control Karma?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
that is just painful to watch. Ouch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is always creepy to see someone go completely limp cause they are knocked out or even worse....dead.

I hope he made it through ok.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That was about as nasty as nasty gets, some of the comments on youtube are just plain stupid though, for example "Idiot, going through the cloud at full speed" most obviousely written by someone who thinks taking a corner at 5mph with a shopping trolley is exciting, and has no understanding whatsoever of racing.
Beans said "I wonder whose wife he slept with the night before to bring this upon himself" That I can't answer but I can guarentee you it will be a few weeks before he even thinks about anything like that, although I imagine his singing has increased in pitch by a few octaves!

·
Registered
444 Posts
That was about as nasty as nasty gets, some of the comments on youtube are just plain stupid though, for example "Idiot, going through the cloud at full speed" most obviousely written by someone who thinks taking a corner at 5mph with a shopping trolley is exciting, and has no understanding whatsoever of racing.
Beans said "I wonder whose wife he slept with the night before to bring this upon himself" That I can't answer but I can guarentee you it will be a few weeks before he even thinks about anything like that, although I imagine his singing has increased in pitch by a few octaves!
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

·
Registered
366 Posts
You know, if you look at it, hitting from the front could definitely break your femur since when your bike stop and you don't, your thighs hit the handlebars. Beyond that, he could've broken some ribs from his landing on his back. All in all though, besides having the wind severely knocked out of him, it might not have been too bad (in lethal terms). Elias broke his femur and he raced two months later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It looked a lot worse than what injuries he suffered. I thought for sure this guy was hurt alot more than what he was. Glad to hear he made it out ok.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ouch... there was an article in Motorcycle Consumer News a while back regarding the design of modern gas tanks and the contribution to pelvis fractures. Now I can see clearly why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.