Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an Ace guide me and with the book as a back check, he walked me through a valve adjustment on my '06 14. Major, major production to just get to the valve cover, ha, ha.

19,500 K miles I had one intake valve that was a .005.

Mucho hours. Its a sophisticated bit of business pulling the cam shaft out and securing the chain. We took lots of time and hopefully no issues. Going to finally button up the fairings then take it out for a ride. It idles nice so hopefully it's dialed in. I don't want it to suck a valve or leak oil.

We moved the radiator forward, left the valve bodies in but removed the throttle cables, plug in wiring harness above the valve cover and tons of other stuff.

CAVEAT: All the pictures that are published in the books and on this forum were excellent, but understand those photographs are taken with an engine out!

The entire top of the frame covers the engine. You don't just reach down and go to work, by a long shot. Your coming in from the sides of the engine.

Its a very sophisticated procedure and marking the chain really helped.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
The zx looks like it would be a bitch with the frame so close to the top of the engine . It is kind of innovative though . I think when I go to do this I will just drop the engine and save myself the clausterpohbia of trying to fit my big old meat hooks in those little tiny crevices .

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The zx looks like it would be a bitch with the frame so close to the top of the engine . It is kind of innovative though . I think when I go to do this I will just drop the engine and save myself the clausterpohbia of trying to fit my big old meat hooks in those little tiny crevices .
I had that very thought. But after we finally got into it, there was room to do the work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is what I said long ago. It would take less time to drop the motor than willy woggle in between the frame.

·
27,825 Posts
I have a buddy that is a really small dude, and he can do that no problem. God bless all those pigmy's in Tanzenia:evil

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I have a buddy that is a really small dude, and he can do that no problem. God bless all those pigmy's in Tanzenia:evil
That would make a cool YouTube video , an all pigmy stunting team all on zx14s :scared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts