Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so one day I went to leave and I started my bike then it just died so I started again and heard it making some clanking noise in the motor mind you I had just changed the oil and filter so when I heard the noise I immediately shut it off and it had plenty of oil and radiator fluid I had just road ot 10 minutes before and it was just fine soni drained the oil again to see if there was metal on the plug and it was clean so I put new oil in it and now it wont even turn over what's the problem?

·
Premium Member
13,110 Posts
Can it be rolled over with a wrench on the crank nut?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I would pull the clutch cover immediately and verify the clutch/starter chain is good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definitely be taking a look at and trying what you guys have said I couldn't understand how it could have been locked up considering it ran perfect before I went to take off and it only made the noise for like 2 seconds

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well these engines can be noisy as hell until they warm up and right after an oil change, noise can happen until oil pressure builds up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but it womt even turn over I checked the clutch chain and it looks as should I think imma just have to suck it up and accept the fact that its locked up I'm just confused on how it could be when it literally ran fine and didnt even make the noise but 2 seconds

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Glad to know its not the clutch area, which leaves my next thought to check, pull the valve cover and check the timing chain. Not that it might have broke, but perhaps the upper cam chain guides failed to some degree, (like the hard rubber guide disintegrated), causing the timing to go off. Cranking it over to hard could bend a valve or create further damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts