Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my 06 Limited back in February.
Wasnt really a fan of the paint and flames. It also had plenty of scratches...(previous owner)
Couple Before pics.

I removed the flames and it was a little better..

Naked

When I moved into my New shop the shop next to me does auto body and custom painting. It also turns out that he lives down the street from me and I had no Idea...
I wanted to paint it the most pure white I could find. He told me to go with Toyota Super White (040).

Side note. The paint has not seen the final buff yet. So its going to get brighter!!!

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Looks good!+1

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like white on just about any ride, especially the 636! Any plans for the rims?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think Ill touch the wheels. I think it has the perfect blend of colors. Any more red would look silly.
Was thinking about the Black or Gold wheels. but then I would want to get gold calipers and rotors too.

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
I dont think Ill touch the wheels. I think it has the perfect blend of colors. Any more red would look silly.
Was thinking about the Black or Gold wheels. but then I would want to get gold calipers and rotors too.
I think you should go with black rims with white rimtape.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would personally do the wheels black with red or blue in the groves of the rims, and then do red or blue calipers with matching brake lines.
The white looks super clean though

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think you should go with black rims with white rimtape.
So common though.

I like what the OP has done. Its different. I like different. Then again, I have a green bike with blue wheels and white and blue checkered lowers....lol

Good job OP. Keep it fresh

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think kawasaki gold on the rims, brake calipers, and rearsets would look slick...

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Seems my SE will be the only one that's still original...people that I know who had one either wrecked it or painted it. Oh well. :tard

White bikes are hot! :thumbup

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
So common though.

I like what the OP has done. Its different. I like different. Then again, I have a green bike with blue wheels and white and blue checkered lowers....lol

Good job OP. Keep it fresh
My statement was only meant to be applicable if he did anything to the wheels. I like the way they are now, but he mentioned wanted to do them black, so that's why I threw in my opinion about the black rims. :dunno

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I am still undecided about the wheels. The more I ride it the more I like the red.
Thanks for the compliments and suggestions tho! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im really starting to like the white color on these bikes. It looks really nice bro.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
that looks great dude. i wanted to do some white accenting to mine but i'm not sure how extreme i wanna go yet

·
Registered
28 Posts
one of the nicest i've seen. job well done... is that the stock under tail? I have an 05 636 and can't find one i like.. but yours, thats how i in-vision mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update:
Bike was wet sanded last night and buffed today. I get it back tomorrow so ill grab some more pics.

As for the under tail. I removed everything lol. No turn signals, tag bracket, muffler...nothing.
To me, I can deal with the void but my buddy thinks i need to put something there.

Thanks for the comments guys!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts