Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
$85.00/hour :angry which is why I try to do most stuff myself, even though I rarely know what I'm doing. Spending 2 hours doing something that should take 1/2 hour is better than having to leave it at the shop for who knows how many days and pay through the nose on top that :cussing

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wait a minute... what's all this pay per hour stuff? Here in Malaysia, we pay for what's being repaired and some service charge and that's it. No pay per hour stuff... No wonder you all are famous for the DIY stuff....

·
Registered
649 Posts
they rake you over the coals for labor charges! Thats why I'm trying to get everything together that I need to change my fork oil myself. I don't care if it takes the whole damn weekend.... it beats paying the shop to do it.:thefinger

·
Registered
444 Posts
$85.00/hour :angry which is why I try to do most stuff myself, even though I rarely know what I'm doing. Spending 2 hours doing something that should take 1/2 hour is better than having to leave it at the shop for who knows how many days and pay through the nose on top that :cussing
$85/hr here too. :angry

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait a minute... what's all this pay per hour stuff? Here in Malaysia, we pay for what's being repaired and some service charge and that's it. No pay per hour stuff... No wonder you all are famous for the DIY stuff....
<-- Looking for shipping quote on 91 ZX600 to Malaysia.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 500 mile service was a 2 hour service.That was at $80 an hour then $35 in oil and filter,plus tax walked away paying $215 for that service.
Just for the first year to keep the warranty valid,after that my bud the bike mechanic gets it.Parts plus a 6 pack and the bill is paid in full.

·
Registered
582 Posts
About $80 an hour here in OZ. Bike is still under warranty but I do the oil and filter as I live a fair way away from the dealer. Fitted my crash knobs and rack because of the labour charge myself.
gammac

·
Registered
330 Posts
The 500 mile service was a 2 hour service.That was at $80 an hour then $35 in oil and filter,plus tax walked away paying $215 for that service.
Just for the first year to keep the warranty valid,after that my bud the bike mechanic gets it.Parts plus a 6 pack and the bill is paid in full.
I have heard a lot of stories about the "1st Service" charges being really high - like over $200.00. At least my dealer admitted about all they do is oil & filter and a quick look/see - not the mini PDI story some say they do. He only charged $130.00 for the initial service & I thought that was high.
Haven't seen him since :nana

·
Registered
134 Posts
My first service was $120 and that included new gel grips installed. I wanted the bike to have a good going over because of a lot of stories of bolts backing out. I also had a noise (squeek, chirping) and wanted that checked out.

I'll do the oil/filter changes myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts