Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://augusta.craigslist.org/mcy/2927907728.html
Ran across this add this afternoon. My first reaction was that it was a scam. None the less I shot the guy a text and much to my surprise, he responded! My initial reaction was of sheer excitement. I opened the text to find out the bike had just been sold a few hours after posting the add...
I've been looking for 6 months and that was the best deal I've found to date.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
that sucks

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Wow.Now that was a steal!

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Wow tough luck. Hopefully you can find another deal remotely close to that one.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Craigslist scavengers!

I am thoroughly convinced that there are people out there who just sit home with a few grand in cash and just troll Craigslist for deals like this. Then as soon as they pop up they get in their car and race down to scoop it up. Then you'd see the same bike back up for $7500 obo.

I have seen a few great deals on anything from motorcycles to personal watercraft and it's always the same thing, you call an hour after the posting is made and it's already sold.:banghead

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
How bout this for a steal...

My buddy has been looking for a 6R for some time. I came across a 2008, ZX6R with 7K miles for............ $2,800. Thru a dealer no less.

Got them on the phone and dropped a deposit on my credit card. He's been thanking me every day.. Picking it up this Sat.

Part of the deal... I get to take the first ride :evil

·
Registered
47 Posts
How bout this for a steal...

My buddy has been looking for a 6R for some time. I came across a 2008, ZX6R with 7K miles for............ $2,800. Thru a dealer no less.

Got them on the phone and dropped a deposit on my credit card. He's been thanking me every day.. Picking it up this Sat.

Part of the deal... I get to take the first ride :evil
Jeez, 2800$? how is that even real life haha. I overpaid 5500 for mine with 8000 miles.

is there something wrong with it that its only 2800?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I am thoroughly convinced that there are people out there who just sit home with a few grand in cash and just troll Craigslist for deals like this. Then as soon as they pop up they get in their car and race down to scoop it up. Then you'd see the same bike back up for $7500 obo.

I have seen a few great deals on anything from motorcycles to personal watercraft and it's always the same thing, you call an hour after the posting is made and it's already sold.:banghead
+1x
Same goes for cars.Iv seen many insanely good deals on cars posted and within 2 hours of it being posted,it being sold.Used car dealers who run their business from home just sit on kijiji,craiglist etc everyday looking for them quick turn around profits.

I remember seeing a 2004 white 4 door F150 5.4 v8 Larriet loaded with 110,000km`s for $4,000 firm (easy $40,000+ truck brand new) and it was mint.Posted on kijiji and within 30 mins the ad was edited as,SOLD.
No doubt a dealer working from home who turned it around a week later for $12,500 at least.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not be surprised if i see an add in the next few weeks for the same bike after whoever it was who bought it, wrecks it... "4k miles, a little TLC and it will be a great bike, great beginner bike. first 4500 takes it home NO LO 8ALLER$"

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would not be surprised if i see an add in the next few weeks for the same bike after whoever it was who bought it, wrecks it... "4k miles, a little TLC and it will be a great bike, great beginner bike. first 4500 takes it home NO LO 8ALLER$"
I love how they always say "no lowballers." I recently was selling a Huffy bicycle and wrote $60 obo. Not even one person contacted me. So then put a new ad up $60 obo "lowballers welcome!" and had a bunch of interest in it and finally some lady came and give me $50 for it.:mfclap

Craigslist is a psychological game more than anything.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Lots of buyers trolling craigslist.
When I want to sell something fast, I'll start my price at 20% of retail. If the item has any value at all, It usually sells withinn 6 hours. Course I wouldn't sell a gun at that price, but guns aren't allowed on craigslist anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts