wish I would have read this thread sooner. I ordered a h9 and a h11 kit, but instead that send me 2 h11 bulbs with spade terminal like all of you are talking about. Sounds like ddm is starting to become cheap asses! Long story short h11's do fit into both sockets and I will be calling ddm first thing on Monday to request my 15 dollars back they over charged me.
also for those thinking there going to get the adapter, instead of the spade terminal if they order the 35w kit instead of the 55 watt kit. I just found this on a different forum. The guy ordered 35 watt kit with slim ballast and still got 2 spade terminals
So I recently purchased a DDMTuning HID kit from XenonExpert.com which I had been referred to through this forum. After purchasing a 5K 35W H11 HID Kit with Slim Ballasts I wanted to provide a review highlighting some of the shortcomings so that the next person has their eyes wide open if they choose to go this route.
First and foremost, XenonExpert.com orders their kits directly from DDMTuning and they ship from China. This means that you can go to DDMTuning.com and order exactly the same product from exactly the same place for less than half the price:
Xenon Expert - $85 + $20 Shipping (which took 2 full weeks to arrive)
DDMTuning - $40 + $20 Shipping
Secondly, here are my highlights:
1. There was no mounting bracket included for the ballast
a. The kit says to mount the ballast with double sided tape (which was not even included in my kit)
2. There was a huge sealed box inline in the wiring harness (possibly a relay?) that will sway and bump around if not secured as well
a. No notation or recommendation at all for secure placement of this piece
3. No installation instructions included or available on XenonExpert website
a. I had to go to DDMTuning.com to download install instructions
4. There was no H11 mating connector included in the install harness – just two spade like terminals that are to be plugged in (VERY UNSECURELY BTW) to the H11 headlight socket in the vehicle
a. I used electrical tape ( as this is all I had readily available) to make sure that these terminals did not come unplugged from the H11 headlight socket
5. The ballast is extremely noisy during startup – I sincerely recommend adding a rubber sleeve the ballast could be installed into to decrease noise… the startup noise is annoying and embarrassing
I mounted my ballasts directly above my headlamp assembly because this was easy and it started snowing on me. Knowing just how noisy these things are on startup, I will try to find another mounting location deeper in the engine bay somewhere. Hopefully this helps the next person...