Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out Friday morning (Mar. 10) for a two-day jaunt to Winter Haven, where my old friend lives. We will be at the Half-Mile race Sunday, the GNC TT at the Speedway on 16th and the 200 on the 18th. My other Florida friend will be the oldest person to contest the Daytona 200 for the 2nd year running and I hope to be a gopher in the pits.

PM me your cell if you're going and I'll do the same. The TT should be especially interesting since it's a brand-new racecourse being built inside the Speedway infield and they are running big twins (as well as the singles as a sub-class) for the first time in many years. Indian looks to challenge the Kawasakis with their brand-new FTR 750 and Harley's liquid-cooled XG750R could be right in there.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'd like to meet with you guys but unfortunately I can't. Have a blast out there HH !

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get to Main Street and I didn't see the ocean, but I caught a fun Half-Mile at Barberville, saw the inaugural Daytona TT and pit crewed for my buddy in the Daytona 200. Caught up with an old work friend for a few days and rode with him a bit. Riding 1000 miles each way alone was boring at times, but other than Atlanta traffic, they trip wasn't bad. Saw lots of trailers hauling Harleys and very few other bikes on the road. There were a few riding from Florida to Georgia, but not much else. If it weren't for the racing, I'd avoid Bike Week like the plague.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts