Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the GTR comes with any security products such as Datatag or Alpha-Dot as standard?:tard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked my GTR and as far as I am aware it doesn't have Datatag or the Alpha-Dot as standard. The keyless system was classed as an immobiliser though. Hope this helps a little! Great bike, can't wait to do more miles later... it was worth the wait...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Andy.

I am a bit surprised because these things don't cost a lot and the bike isn't cheap.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just picked my GTR and as far as I am aware it doesn't have Datatag or the Alpha-Dot as standard. The keyless system was classed as an immobiliser though. Hope this helps a little! Great bike, can't wait to do more miles later... it was worth the wait...
Andyt, Bet you havn't been out riding in all those floods...:banghead
Is the KIPASS selectable on any Insurance companys' dropdown list for immobilisers or extra security? It should be more of a deterent to thieves than datatag etc. as the bike will not even spark up without it. so it won't be worth wheeling it into a van unless it is pinched for spares?
So to all you would be robbers out there :thefinger

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a GTR on order and can confirm that Datatag is NOT included,
as I have ordered it as an extra.

kwackerken is right about the ebike site, Kipass is an option under the security fitted section.

Only cost £16.00 to add the bike to my multibike FJR1300 and DRZ400sm policy untill renewal (mid sept).

OFF TOPIC.....
My FJR is for sale now.
http://www.fjrowners.ws/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4303&highlight=

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yup, Datatag costs £100.00 fully fitted at the dealer.
Just got back from my dealer who has uncrated my Diablo Black GTR1400. They are keeping it under wraps until I collect 1st Sept.
Looks the biz! in black. I took the luggage off which was very easy. 5 second job. The bike looks very sporty without them not too unlike the ZZR. You don't even notice that panniers were missing. Should have taken a photo I know, but forgot my camera.:banghead. I am with Carole Nash at the moment so will check their website and see if they have KIPASS as a drop down as well.
Looks like we are gathering quite a GTR1400 following here in the SWest UK.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hate to sound ignorant but what is Datatag? It may be like the Direct TV ad where the blonde says "Don't know what it is but I wont it."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hitman,

I am with Carole Nash (AXA) and they couldn't extend my policy because the AXA underwriters do not insure the GTR because "it is too new and not on their system":crazyloco

CN looked at insuring me through someone else but my best deal was via Ebike:clap Shop around!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm looking into using a LoJack system here in the U.S.A. and GEICO recognizes it as a full theft deterent system. www.lojack.com/bike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoJack seems to be the same as Tracker in the UK.

I had it on my Merc once but it was factory fitted. I believe it is very expensive to have fitted as an after market job.......... and there is a hefty annual fee:rant

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hitman,

I am with Carole Nash (AXA) and they couldn't extend my policy because the AXA underwriters do not insure the GTR because "it is too new and not on their system":crazyloco

CN looked at insuring me through someone else but my best deal was via Ebike:clap Shop around!
Kwakerken, Thanks, I have a car and a van on Evan and Ecar so might as well stick a bike on Ebike as well. They are good but charge extra for European cover which is a shame as I like to pop over there for a jolly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Oh Yea...By the way Carole Nash were bloody ignorant about the insurance on the GTR1400. They say they only can use two companies who are willing to quote on the bike as it still is not on their database:headscratch and they quoted me three times what ebikeinsurance quoted me. £680.00 :crackup. with £500 excess :rotflmao Plus they don't know what KIPASS is and were going to drop my last years NCB as I would have to cancel my existing policy three months before the end...Don't think I'll use Carole Nash again.:thefinger :thefinger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts