Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down for another week of riding. I found out i had a bad seal on the left fork due to doing wheelies. I mean damn i guess i let it down to hard one day. But, overall i got my AKRO Full Exhaust put on and P.C. III and it sounds awesome. No more wheelies for me...

·
Registered
184 Posts
that sucks, I was out allllllll day long.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wheelies are like women, if you do them, they cost you!

No, serious, heard of too many guys losing it or other damage like frames, triple clamps, wheels etc. cracking, just not worth it. get a motard or offroad to do that stuff.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know guys man o well is all i can say. I know i wont be doing that shit for quite some time. hahaha
I heard that the 05-06 gixers use to crack the frame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ride wheelies daily on my 10r and no busted seals. When you come off a wheelie roll into the throttle to kill the impact. As far as the GSXR, never heard of such. The guys i ride with ride some of the best and longest (2 mile +) wheelies with no issue at all. Once you get over being a throttle jockey it's fairly safe, just remember to keep the wheel straight at impact else you'll be in for an ugly tank slap. Hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
word to the wise, don't do wheelies in first and change to 2nd. I done it this week showing off for some people and busted a fork seal. LOVELY. Anyways, I can usually pull the 1st to 2nd transition off, I generally hank the crap out of it, but this time I babied it and new fork seals and dust covers are the results.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully you wont be out of commission for long. I was without my bike for almost a week. It took 6 days for the part to come in thru the dealership.
I finally got my mistress back and she sounds and runs good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
aww... now yall got me worried im gonna screw something up! im learning how to ride wheelies and im working on setting it down easier. most of the time i set it down pretty good but occasionally ill have a hard landing....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
like the other guy said, roll it the throttle and u will be fine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try one of the new grit in fork seal removal tools.Could just be trapped debris causing leak.It slides between fork tube & seal & pulls out dirt.YOU CANT BE A 10er & NOT DO WHEELIES. 10ers JUST CAN'T HELP IT. THE BIKE IS NOT GONNA LET YOU STOP. RUBBER DOWN,BE SAFE. (Kawboy)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts