Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of integrated tail lights for my 07 ZX6R and in the kit there is two white block things that look like fusible links though its encased in a hard ceramic/plastic type casing. There are no instructions for installation that came with it, so Im curious to as what they are. Are these fusible links or does anyone have an idea of what it could be??? Gonna be installing em this weekend so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for any info and here are the pics:

·
Registered
136 Posts
i think those are resistors, so it wont blink rapidly.... my guess

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are resistors, would it be just installed inline between the stock harness and the wires coming from the tail light???

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same install on my bike those are indeed the resistors.

While this is not the same tail light this is the install you should follow.

If you have any questions let me know. Mine works perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Yeah, just a resistor. Nothing more. You do NOT put those inline, you wire them in parallel to the turn signal. Seeing as those tend to only have a positive wire for the blinker and the lights share a common ground, that wiring diagram is accurate and for easy of installation I suggest doing what I did.

Find some bullet style connectors that will work with your bike (or do what I did and cut the ones off the bike and solder new ones in place) and assemble the resistor with a few wires and connectors like this:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts