Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum but I am not new to motorcycling. I currently own an 05 Yamaha FJR 1300 but looks like things might change when the new Concours is released. I found out about this sight from Warchilds post over on the FJR forum.

I placed a call to Jerold at D&H in Cullman Alabama this morning and he said he is expecting to order some of the new Concours. I know that some of the FJR guys can speak from expierence about his prices and service on the FJR. I would say just from speaking to him that he will probably have some of the best prices to be found on the new Concours. It might be worth taking a little trip to Cullman Alabama to pick one up.He said they will even pick you up at the local airport.

When pricing is finally revealed I will try to post Jerolds prices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here. Ride an FJR since July 2002 and may be trading to the GTR. Only problem is I got the FJR set up with fuel cell and all the goodies. Damn more farkling to do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
mikengracie said:
Damn more farkling to do.
True, but... that's most of the fun! :clap

Well, okay... it can also be a spendy exercise, no question there....

Mike, do you currently have the Tanji cell on your FJR? If so, yeah, it ain't going to migrate over to the GTR1400. Still, there are a lot of dudes on FJRForum.com who will definitely want to score that puppy off you, so you can recoup some of your investment for GTR farkling. :lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Warchild,
have you decided that you are going to buy one of these or are you still in the process of making that decision? I really appreciate all of the info. I have gathered from you over on the FJR side and hope to see as much from you on the GTR 14. (notice I said GTR 14. I guess that will be one of my first farkles, changing that plate out.)

I guess I am as comitted as I can be without really knowing a lot of the details. I figure thats probably where most of us stand right now. I intend on going to the Atlanta show and will probably base my decision on what I gleen between then and now. I hope to ride one before I buy. Do you think there will be some of these in Daytona during bike week for test rides?

·
Registered
5 Posts
From talking to guys excited about this bike, it seems most are on the fence depending on things like price, weight, fuel capacity etc. Most I know are comparing it to the FJR. It seems Kawisaki will have to do better for those to cross over to team green.

·
Registered
26 Posts
vic ray said:
Warchild,
have you decided that you are going to buy one of these or are you still in the process of making that decision?
For me, the critical factor is the same that many, many of us face: how to afford/finance the bike.

If I hadn't gone ape-shit last July ('05) and scored a brand new R1, I could probably handle the payments.

Ain't no way I can handle two bike payments.

And I seem to be unwilling to part with the R1. The Blackbird is going NO WHERE, that bike I will keep for many years to come. That leaves the salvage-titled FJR as a trade-in.... even if a Kawi dealership is generous and give me a hellva trade-in for it, I still don't thing I could fly the two bike notes.

Regardless, I don't care for the way Yamaha is apparently taking the FJR.... it is starting to drift decidedly more to the "touring" end of the sport-touring spectrum. This 2006 model has bloated up over 60 lbs (dry) from my 2003 model! :rant

Do you think there will be some of these in Daytona during bike week for test rides?
Possibly. They will be touring around the country at the various bike shows all winter, so, I could see that it could be possible there might be one at Daytona. Hard to say, really...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts