785 Posts
OLD SCHOOL RULES!
:crazyloco Long live the Z1 / KZ :crazyloco

And I laughed also.....maybe for a bit different reason.:king
(more to come)

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
I had a KZ 1000 j model........... what a ball that was, then I bored it out to 1100cc slaped on the largest carbs I could find with K&N pods fitted next, port and pollished, a set of close ratio gears then ran it on Avgas............. after that it was a huge laugh, great fun..... love to do it again

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Oh and a 4 into 1 with the shortest muffler and the largest bore I could find, loud as hell

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had a KZ 1000 j model........... what a ball that was, then I bored it out to 1100cc slaped on the largest carbs I could find with K&N pods fitted next, port and pollished, a set of close ratio gears then ran it on Avgas............. after that it was a huge laugh, great fun..... love to do it again
Oooohhh, yeah!
That's what Im talkin bout!

I wish I still had some of my old kz 1000s.
My favorite was a 77 that I had my first year in high school.
Bored, camed, head worked with a great set of 33mm smooths and a Kerker 4-1, Candy Red with my then girlfriend and now wife that loves to ride...what else ya need in life?
oh, ok, Im back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
These bikes fucken rock!:crazyloco My old mans 78 KZ1000 was good for 132 mph+. When these bikes came out they excelerated so hard that they starved the oil pump and turned the low oil lamp on!
I'm currently picking away at a 77/78 cafe style for myself. Old school custom.:smile

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sorry bean man, Im gonna jack your thread.:nana

Just for kicks (and a bit of pride), I bring you, a bit o history...
The Z1

I pulled this out of "Sportbike Performance Handbook" -Kevin Cameron p.56

These from "KAWASAKI - Sunrise to Z1" -Roy Bacon

My Baby! 1974 Z1 900

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Ahh the Quacker 9

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice Z1.

I love that exhaust too. Kawasaki and Kerker in my mind go together like bread and butter. I only wish I could find a similar exhaust for my '82 GPz. A black 4 into 1 header with the aluminium can. The only thing it seems available in a 4-1 for my bike now is the megaphone style :puke

I don't remember anyone back in the '80s who put those on their bikes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shows how good my memory is....

Notice 'cool' black megaphone exhaust. If Eddie has it on his bike it must be cool, right? :headscratch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts