Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is THE ZX11 review. It took me 6 years but this report is the one that made me says myself "One day, I'll own a ZX-11".
Bought my fist (C model) in 1996 and my 2nd (D model) in 2009 and never regretted it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Viktor, when C model had been introduced, it was so ahead of all other motorcycles (performance speaking) that it grabbed the attention of every magazine on the planet and a lot of reviews has be written.

However, D model in "only" a refresh and got much less attention so there is not many reviews about it. The only valuable ones are comparative tests against its "opponents" of the time (FJ1200, Katana 1100, GSX-R1100, YZF1000, CB1000, etc.) and info directly related to the 1100D is quite diluted all over those reviews. So, those reviews are slightly less interesting to read and I do not intend to scan them.

You can give a look at MCReports (http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indivbikes/Kawasaki/ZX11D-new.html) where they can sell you all of those condensed in a single binder (or downloaded in PDF). Or I can sell you my used copy if you prefer...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great article. I had the same feeling after reading the 1990 article. The 1989 ZX-10 was the big bore bike at the time. Unfortunately, it had looks that didn't totally agree with me. The ZX-11 hit all the right buttons. Later that fall I rode my 750F-1 ninja off a cliff and needed a new bike. The next spring I rode out of the dealership with my 0 mile 1991 ZX-11. Seeing the pics of the zx-11 airborne takes me back to the same emotions I had when I first saw the pic.

viktor, I have the 1995 "D" model review right next to me. I can scan it if it will work for you. The spring 1993 "D" model review is buried in my basement so it would take some time to uncover.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great stuff guys, Thanks. I had that issue, May still have it.
CYCLE was always my favorite, Sucked when they killed it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts