Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 zx6r with an akra slip on. I getting ready to cut down the akra to make it a short to get some more sound out of it. I need advice as to which end to cut front or back end. Please help. Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

·
Registered
200 Posts
i'm not telling you what to do b/c it's your purchase and your pipe but i have an akrapovic on my bike and it sounds awesome without any modifications to it. if i were you, i'd keep the akra the way it came and if you want a louder pipe, ebay the akra and get a muzzy. IMO :smile

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the akra on my 05. I know what you mean about the volume.

If you want a louder pipe, sell the slip and buy a micron beta. they're loud and half the price.

No one will want your akra if you mess with it. That's why you buy the akra over all the others, they'ce done the testing to get the power gains. If you cut it up you lose this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im gonna do this also, but to a d&d exhaust for a gixxer, (i gotta a good deal on a used one) im gonna chop it and fab it to fit on my bike. i would also like some info on how to this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you must shorten the exhaust baffle then remember to get the engine re-mapped (power commander) because modding the exhaust will throw the fuel mixture out (= lean mix = hotter burn = knackered exhaust valves).

If you just want it louder then there's no need to shorten it (unless this is a show bike and you want a certain look). Drill the rivets out front and back and the can should slide apart (I've not tried this on my exhaust but this is how others have done it on their cans & how cans are repaired - that baffle stuff they use does not last for ever...). The more baffle wrap you remove, the louder it is ...

You will need a rivet gun and some more rivets to put the can back together again. Even if you just remove some of the baffle wrap, you will still need to get the engine re-mapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts