Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 ZX14 w/ 56K.
Cuts out at 4K rpm when riding. May not do for a while and, then, show up again.
Have checked fuel pump, filter, hoses, vacuum etc. In fact, bike shop checked and couldn't determine cause.

In neutral, you can rev past 4k etc.

Anyone have any experience?

My gut says that it might be some type of electrical issue or ecu type issue, as there are no symptoms other than this. Does not stumble stall; idles smoothly, etc.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,588 Posts
Have you or the shop inspected the harness? Ignition switch? Killswitch? Safety switches? Grounds? Intermittent problems are likely caused by something electrical.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you or the shop inspected the harness? Ignition switch? Killswitch? Safety switches? Grounds? Intermittent problems are likely caused by something electrical.
Had it in shop. They didn't 10 hours on it supposedly. But, I may have to go back into all that. It's weird through in that it is doesn't act up except in that rpm range.
2006 ZX14 w/ 56K.
Cuts out at 4K rpm when riding. May not do for a while and, then, show up again.
Have checked fuel pump, filter, hoses, vacuum etc. In fact, bike shop checked and couldn't determine cause.

In neutral, you can rev past 4k etc.

Anyone have any experience?

My gut says that it might be some type of electrical issue or ecu type issue, as there are no symptoms other than this. Does not stumble stall; idles smoothly, etc.
I have how read something about similar problem that indicated it could be throttle position sensor. That seem likely to anyone? Want to get best ideas before I start stripping all they fairing again.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
How much is a tps?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If you have the spare $50, put it on there and test ride it. I think the only way to test your existing tps is to connect a pico reader/scanner to it and look for anomalies in the frequency, voltage and ohm readings or measure them against what it's supposed to be operating at.

I watch South Main Auto on the YT. Whenever there's an electrical gremlin, he uses the pico scanner to read voltage, ohms, frequency, etc. of the suspected offending part to confirm his diag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have the spare $50, put it on there and test ride it. I think the only way to test your existing tps is to connect a pico reader/scanner to it and look for anomalies in the frequency, voltage and ohm readings or measure them against what it's supposed to be operating at.

I watch South Main Auto on the YT. Whenever there's an electrical gremlin, he uses the pico scanner to read voltage, ohms, frequency, etc. of the suspected offending part to confirm his diag.
I was kind of thinking that, as well. Ordered one and will give it a shot. 50 better than pulling the entire electrical system apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts