Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting all,
Just had my New front tire fitted/balanced for $20.
:rant:rant
Twice now (at the same place- a Yamaha dealer)
they've treated me like a moron.
I walked into the workshop only to be told
(rudely by some teenager with a Yamaha shirt)
to "leave the workshop" & "I should've gone to the office".
Note: an open workshop with NO signs and
an office with NO signs !!
How do they expect me to know where the damned office was
(the shop sent me to the workshop):dunno.
Then this clown wouldn't speak to me apart from
saying "go to the office".
Lucky for him, another guy came out just as I
was ready to "thump" this young idiot.
I'm glad I only have to deal with these "Workshop Hitlers"
every 2-3 years and if I could change my own tires then,
I wouldn't have to at all.
What ever happened to customer service ?????
Sorry for the rant,
Ride Safe.
CHEERS,
Gav

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Gav, Im an old gray hair in I.T. I deal with these geekhead, nimrod, know it all young bucks all the time!. They dont have a frelling clue. Stoopid Fs. Go to the owner and flat out tell him, that you will never step foot in his shop again until things change.

I will be more then happy to walk you thru any service work that is within my knowledge set, and Im sure that everybody here will offer what ever assistance you will need other then physically doing it.

Tell the owner that you are DONE spending your hard earned cash in his flea trap of a shop!!!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-CHANGER-BREAKER-PORTABLE/dp/B004E63YA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327298164&sr=8-2[/ame]

· Registered
6,392 Posts
Learn how to take off the wheels of your bike yourself. Buy the front and rear stands. Leave the wheel spacers at home as well as the cush drives and sprocket carrier. You do NOT need to remove the front rotors. Just take the wheel/tire assemblies to cyclegear or to another bike shop that caters to sportbike riders. Have them change the tires and rebalance. Seriously consider the tire warranty. flats usually don't happen until the last 10% of treadlife, but 40 bucks is cheap insurance for a new set of tires that just cost you 275-375 bucks.

You'll have to decide exactly where to buy your new tires. If you just don't have the time to do this, then just find another shop and hope for the best.

· Premium Member
550 Posts
Gav,

Our local Kawi dealership has he most dredful customer service I only go there now if I can't get what I want anywhere else. I always go to the local Yammi shop as they are never anything but helpful.

Get taken into the workshop to chat with the service guys when my tires are being fitted and they always ask me what pressure I am running.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,
I can (pretty much) do most of the maintenance (just not tires).
I only go to the Yam shop outta necessity, the other shops around my
area are hopeless (see my post about my rear wheel bearings-
and they banned me from their shop= LOL).
and I only go Kawasaki if I cant find the parts online.
I always remove my own wheels (it gives me a chance to do
some preventative checks as well).
I wont pay the extras $20 to have some snot nose scratch up my bike
(I can do that quite well myself).
As with my car (1974 Corvette) I try to do all the maintenance myself
and luckily I used to work at a car repair shop, so anything I have trouble with
or parts I need (wholesale) I go and see them.
Most things I'll at least try to fix myself & when all else fails-
I'm a member of 2 fantastic forums corvetteforum and (of course) HERE.
You guys rock !!!:crazyloco
Cheers & THANKS,
Gav

· Registered
682 Posts
bike shops always seem to have a severe attitude when you bring in your own tires for them to mount.I know they feel as if they missed out on the tire profit but they still get a labor charge for ten minutes work.Perhaps if they got competative with their tire prices I would buy them there.
$20 to mount and balance a tire is cheap!

I once dropped off my R6 wheels with tires for mounting at a dealer near my office.He charged me $110 to mount and balance the pair!!!!! I was pissed to say the least. I told the owner that if you are going to charge more than double the going rate you should inform your customer. Then I noticed that my same wheel weights were on the wheels in the same place ie, no balancing was performed.the "tire tech" was more than happy to inform me that because I was replacing a Pirelli with a Pirelli..........the balance would not be affected............and he seemed to realy believe that.......?????

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
That's some bullshit ^

· Registered
125 Posts
I changed my own tires on a ZX11 using a couple 2x4s and 2 tire spoons. YouTube for the bead breaking videos. I use Dynabeads for balance. Forget the dealer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.