Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I did some research before I did anything on the bike, known issues, mods, what not to do, jumper mod, etc. So I learned the cdi box suffers from heat caused by the undertail muffler. I wanted to make my bike louder plus to perform preventative issues with heat exhaustion on the CDI box. I came up with this in the following pics. I ordered up a stainless 45* and a baffle. I love how it turned out and the sound is alittle bit over the top but I can deal with it. tell me what you guys think. Btw Im painting the belly pan and tail black this week the previous owner painted "krazy" on the tail.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did something similar. I used the factory mid pipe and cut it so it exits similar to yours.
Where did you order the stainless 45* from? I think i like the look of yours a little better.
As far as sound goes it is crazy sick up top at WOT but cruising it sounds kinda choppy. Oh well. I like loud tho and with the factory cat it isnt that bad.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Sounds like tickets and headaches to me.

I am sure you will need to remap to make it not run like poo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Loud cars and bikes have never caught the attention of Cops in my area. And as far as headaches go, Im sure if I was 10 years older it might be a little to loud lol.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I guess if you only ride between bars and the whole point is bitches I could see it.

I ride 50 miles per day average, I would spoon my eardrums out if I had to listen to that.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Oh no, its a fun toy.

I just never get sick of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did something similar. I used the factory mid pipe and cut it so it exits similar to yours.
Where did you order the stainless 45* from? I think i like the look of yours a little better.
As far as sound goes it is crazy sick up top at WOT but cruising it sounds kinda choppy. Oh well. I like loud tho and with the factory cat it isnt that bad.
Its pretty loud alright. I love it. Im getting it tuned once I hook up my PC and slapping in my K&N filter. Heres where I got my pipe from. http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/
they have 90s 45s in stainless 18-16 guage whatever you want. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Also one other thing...I kinda like it the way the pipe ends or shaped on the tip but should I do a slash cut??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like tickets and headaches to me.

I am sure you will need to remap to make it not run like poo.
cops dont bother people with loud exhaust where I ride and play around at. As long as I dont ride like an ass than cops wouldnt bother me. Im going to run a map off the Powercommander website for a little before I bring it in to get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You get the 2in OD pipe?
Yes sir. I took the gasket thats in the pipe connection right after the cat out and used a layer of header wrap "as an exhaust gasket" because the stock one was a hair too small for the stainless 2" 45* It seals perfectly. I ordered another baffle yesterday hopefully it will tone it down at idle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts