Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
the service manual wasnt real helpful in finding an anwser. but if i was guessing there is some free play there.there is about 1/4 inch in mine. i just checked

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
OEM wheel cush is really bad and short lived. They changed the design on ZX-11D. Many guys took out most of the play by using leather pieces (out of an old belt) and some, even used small linoleum pieces. You need to glue them in place though inside the aluminum part where the rubber sits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had a motorcycle shop take an old inner tube and cut it into 2 1/2 by 5-6 inch pieces, and lay it across the rubber cush drive, and shove the sprocket assembly in, and it left absolutely no play!!! To this day, it has no play and that was over 10 years ago!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have had a motorcycle shop take an old inner tube and cut it into 2 1/2 by 5-6 inch pieces, and lay it across the rubber cush drive, and shove the sprocket assembly in, and it left absolutely no play!!! To this day, it has no play and that was over 10 years ago!
Maybe I'm slow but I do not completely understand the modification. I am interested; could you explain a different way or make a small sketch for my slow mind? Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
WHere the metal sprocket hub goes into the rubber cush drive, he placed the strips of inner tube over the cush drive and shoved it together, leaving no play. The size of stips should be the width of the metal peices that fit into the rubber, and long enough to cover both side of the metal peices. I dont have a picture without tearing my wheel down, but give me a few days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Damn it all to hell, I just had my wheel apart when I changed my
rear sprocket, I have about a quarter inch play in either direction.
Oh well next time I guess.
Frankie Zee...

BTW I looked the part up on several sites, guess how much for that chunk of rubber cubes ??????
$55.00
No comment
FZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts