Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I bought a 2001 ZX9R and I picked it up yesterday and rode it back from Atlanta with my son on back. It's in nearly perfect condition with a Sargent seat and a Yoshimura exhaust. Oh yeah, it's candy lime green with 7150 miles.

It's a blast to ride but on the interstate I was wanting to pull over about every 50 miles to stretch. I may buy some helibars soon. One of the main reasons I bought this bike was because I had read it was one of the most comfortable sportbikes.

It sure is peppier than the Yamaha I've been riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats dude!!! What a fine bike indeed! Please post some pics. I just love those 9R's!!!

I know what you mean about stretching every 50 or so miles for sure!

Good luck dude!

·
Registered
53 Posts
dunno what yamaha you were riding before (that wasn't as 'peppy'), but the 9 is definitely a stonking bike.

Well wear, and welcome to the kwacker lifestyle -- and post some pics!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Some risers may make it a bit more comfy, but either way, you'll get used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to be gone so long - I forgot and left my laptop at my mom's house when I was setting up a wifi network for her. I've put over 700 miles on the bike now. It seems much more comfortable now that I've got the hang of switching positions on the seat. I rode over 90 miles straight today with no problem.

The bike drives great. I may need to adjust the valves because I hear one ticking slightly every now and then. Also, I get sort of a howling noise when I lightly decelerate. It's odd, but nothing seems wrong with the bike.

The not-so-peppy yamaha I've been riding is a 2004 TTR125E.

Here's a photo of the Kawasaki when I bought it. I need to take some more pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a beauty !!!! Metallic green :) Also, the yoshi exhaust is sweet man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I've put over 1000 miles on it now. I've been having a blast driving it around. There's just not enough room to stretch it out even in first or second.

Here's a better pic:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice one, here's my UK one,its an 04

and this is what they can do in standard form, recorded at Bruntingthorne poving grounds in the UK (old U.S. air base) Fun huh!! (read 185 on the clock )

Have fun..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts