Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know about you lot but the rain doesn't bother me much but a strong cross wind at high speed soon makes me throw out the anchor, any of you lot ever been thrown off your bike by strong winds?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Crossed over the centre line once because of a huge cross wind, that in itself wasn't so scary, but the on coming traffic made my hair stand on end......not cool :scared

·
Registered
498 Posts
2 month's back, i was blasting downhill at Kuala kangsar, Malaysia. I was doing around 150kmh. Then suddendly out of the bloom, a crosswind came from the right and i was sliding from the right lane to the left (about 4 meters). Luckily there was no vehicle on the left. Imagine being on the hefty 265kg ZX-14 not including 40kg og my ass. That's 300kilo being pushed around like feather. I immediately went to a stop and stayed there for the next 15 minutes with my hands shaking. Coudln't ride at all. Thinking i could go down the ravine if it was stronger.... Rode back home immediately around 50kmh on the 14 shivering.... That memory will stick with me for a long time...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
not including 40kg og my ass.
If 2.2 lbs = 1 kilo... This means that you only weigh 88 lbs?

Is my math off, am I that tired... or are you really that light?

In any event and not getting off track... glad you made out alright. I've never had a strong enough crosswind to blow me over, or into another lane... but I have rode in a straight line with the bike leaning on almost a 45 degree angle due to wind. Not fun.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Can't believe it can you....? My height is 165cm weighing 42kg and owning a ZX-14. It's not the size that counts... it the willpower that drivers you...

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
I've never had a strong enough crosswind to blow me over, or into another lane... but I have rode in a straight line with the bike leaning on almost a 45 degree angle due to wind. Not fun.

corners are the worst :eek:hno

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Can't believe it can you....? My height is 165cm weighing 42kg and owning a ZX-14. It's not the size that counts... it the willpower that drivers you...
Wow...good for you. I thought it was a typo... but I'm betting you look like someone's kid stole their dad's bike when you're riding!! :rotflmao

Just teasing ya... good on ya for harnessing that monster.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
damn

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow...good for you. I thought it was a typo... but I'm betting you look like someone's kid stole their dad's bike when you're riding!! :rotflmao

Just teasing ya... good on ya for harnessing that monster.

hehehe... none taken bro...
everybody says the same thing as you did...:smile

just to mention that a friend of mine on his F4 didn't make it out alive when a crosswind came from the left. The poor chap didn't wear any protective gear while riding at that time. It was said that he rode around 180+kmh at that time. The bike split into 2 and and he was cought between the steel railing separating the oncoming traffic. :eek:hno

·
Registered
379 Posts
don't know about you lot but the rain doesn't bother me much but a strong cross wind at high speed soon makes me throw out the anchor, any of you lot ever been thrown off your bike by strong winds?
I feel you on this one. I will ride in rain any day over riding in strong winds. I have gone through a couple of bushes in the past with and off road bike thanks to high winds :banghead but thankfully had a mine dump on the other side to land on, nice and soft hehehehe:lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
many thanks

thanks for your input guys and gals glad to hear i'm not the only one with wind gremlins to conquer, god bless scav's mate, hopefully the big man has him cruising around on a gold and plat plated zx14 with buff biatchs polishing his fairings on the daily and hats off for not letting size hold you back

NUFF RESPECT

·
Registered
10 Posts
the first time i passed a big truck on a road it blowed me pretty good, i wasn't ready for it but i kept the bike up. now i just brace myself for it. still haven't been blown off but i can see how it might happen

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the first time i passed a big truck on a road it blowed me pretty good, i wasn't ready for it but i kept the bike up. now i just brace myself for it. still haven't been blown off but i can see how it might happen
always always ALWAYS expect the unexpected and even when nothing happens still expect it anyway as it's in the post!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts