Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these pictures are from a june 30 palomar ride. i pretty much spent the day trying to work on my form and by the end of the day i felt a little more comfortable by leaning forward on the tank and putting my head to the sides of the mirrors. i know i need to improve my form, so please check out these pictures and let me know what i am doing correctly and what i am doing incorrectly.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
good form.................
in a couple pix u prolly need to be lower, but that depends on the speed i guess.
and ur inside knee should be a lttl more out (extended)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drop your inside elbow down further. That will help you get your back/ head down further and off the tank. try to keep your body inline with the bike.
Ass halfway off the seat and head in line with ass. You're body is just crossed up a little...not too bad.

·
Registered
498 Posts
From my point of view, you have to :-
1. Spread your knees wider.
2. Ass halfway from the edge of the seat.
3. More bending on one side of the elbow & straighter on the other.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i'm no pro but i feel i'm qualified enough to say that yeah, sliding your entire body over will help with the corners regardless of corner. to "critique" your form from viewing a couple of pictures on a forum is a rather tall request, and i feel an impossible one. you should find a more experienced rider to go along with you and watch you, then give you feedback. also a book that i feel could help you is "twist of the wrist" by keith code. i know it could almost be considered cliche to recommend this book but it does have some useful info and theory about riding (QUICKLY) in all of those pages. i certainely picked up some useful tips in it and i feel, it made me a better rider out on the local roads. $30 book is relatively cheap when you consider the cost of your bike, especially when you consider how it can help you. practice helps also of course, it's nice to see someone asking for help instead of blundering ahead blindly.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, Just keep inchin' that butt off the seat. If you look at Dino, he's almost hooking the outside of the seat with the crook of his knee. That's pretty dang ballsy, but you need to. Just watch more MotoGP, or go find pictures of them and compare.

A little advice though, don't do more than you can do. One inch at a time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The best thing you can do is go to a track school. You'll learn way more there in one or (preferably two) days than you'll ever learn on the street.

Oh, one other thing, your leathers are completely the wrong color :nana :rotflmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts