Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Crazy air air on my zx9r!!!

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  rickzx9r:rider 
#1 ·
Sup guys the crazyest shit just happen to me!!! I was riding like around 10am down a side street about 10 over the speed limit so not drivin crazy, I looked back cuz the Guy behind me was a lil too close, the second I look back this older lady had too be 60 at least pulls out, I hit my brakes, but I knew I didn't have room so I turned my bike into the street she pulled out of nearly missing her,and I let go of the break cuz I felt like I was gonna loose control, and I went straight into the curb, the bike went up in the air and I managed to land on the side walk so I rode on the side walk for the whole Block wich was sooooo embarrassing cuz there was a lot of ppl out,so then I got back on the street and went home... knockin on wood. I've never crashed and I heard everyone that rides will crash at least once, and I really thought this was my time,but I guess not, duz anyone have any story's they wud like to share,and also after checking my bike I saw a veeery light dent on the rim. I'm sure its OK to ride wit it, but I just hate knowing its there, Duz anyone have an extra front chrome rim they wud like to sell, if so plz message me, thanx for readin

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Nothing cool but when I was learning to ride. I was practising some right have u turns. Was in a parking lit close to where I lived. I got over confidence and dropped the bike to about a foot off the ground when I caught it. Thought I was going down. I left and went home right after lol.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

#4 ·
Yeah that rim is done cause its chromed. Could've been fixed otherwise. Glad you're ok and you actually landed it :crazyloco

Ive had my share of evasive maneuvers but nothing over the top like that.

#5 ·
I couldn't even tell my wife when I got home, my adrenalin was going this happen like two blocks away from my house,I was really proud of my self for handelin it how I did I didn't panic, and it was kinda weird cuz It was like everything slowed down I saw how close I got to her car then I saw the exact spot where I was gonna hit on the curb, I saw the grass and the sidewalk and I new if I landed on the grass I wud hit a tree that was real close, but I hit the sidewalk and it was all good,sum matrix shit 4 real.. I was thinking I could fix the rim cuz its so minor I thought of getting a block of wood and hammering it back..

#6 ·
The problem is the chrome finish will more than likely chip for sure when you hammer it back because of the chroming process and it cant be (or not a good idea to) re-chrome. But I dont wanna be a downer, you wont know till you try.

#13 ·
I was riding my old double r and someone had apparently dropped a fire brick in the middle of the road . It was at night on a dark road and apparently my riding buddies saw it and I didn't . All of a sudden they swerved and there it was. All of a sudden I am in mid air and back down again . I landed it and rode away , it was kind of the same deal though I tweeked my front wheel and had to replace it .

#16 ·
I flea-bay'd a used rim for 100 bucks the old one had a noticeable dent in it and I didn't want to risk it . I had no witnesses to my little flight except my friends in there rear view mirrors .

#15 ·
Thanx for the info Jay ill check that out I already had the carbs done and still the same, I thought it had to do wit the petcock cuz ever since it died on me and I moved it its been acting up,and the knob was missing so I'm not sure where the settings shud be, the Guy I bought it off showed me what to do in case it died on me and followed what he said but it never been the same I'm about to just take it to the Kawasaki for them to fix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.