Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finished putting together my new zx11 I got it back from the shop on Friday and went for a ride on Sunday with some friends. Here is the final product....

And then after the ride on sunday I met a ford F350....

It would seem that the motor and transmition and frame are fine....I need a front fairing top and bottom pieces and the aluminum mounts for the pegs and controls at the feet and an exhaust pipe for the right side and possibly a new headlight....any ideas where I can get these pieces for not alot of money? I just spent most everything I had to fix it up and now it's down...I am pretty banged up too but any help you guys can give me would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That sucks!!!

I hope that you are alright and that you're not too banged up.

As for parts.. Ebay, Ebay, Ebay. That's where you'll probably find the best deals on a lot of the stuff that you're looking for. JMO.

I know a guy up here that owns a shop... AC Customs... he rides an 11 close to your year I believe and he restores/repairs all kinds of bikes. He may have some parts or know where you can get them from.

His name is Alex Cucu, and his email is [email protected]

Drop him a line and tell him that Ian (green ZX10) gave you his info and see what he can do for you.

Hope you're back on the road soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ouch that sucks. So how fast were you going/How far did you slide? Good to hear you are okay and ^^ ebay would be a good start.

·
Registered
649 Posts
How'd that happen..... the trucks fault?????????????? Details!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you made thru and are still with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we were on a scenic highway...the kangamangus in NH which we ride all the time....most of the time cars slow and pull to the side to take pictures and look around....I was behind a car and a truck and the car slowed and pulled to the side and then it looked like the truck was going to do the same. There was no blinker and the truck was slowing moved slightly to the right then I went to go around on the left and the truck made a left hand turn onto what seems to have been the first road in a 21 mile stretch and I t-boned the truck. Thats what happened....not sure what will happen when the insurance companies start going at each other....the driver of the truck was awesome though!! He loaded up my bike and drove it to my house which was 40 miles away! Very cool of him.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have the fairing off a 1990 ZX11 that had been down. Has some road rash but is not broken. Are you looking for perfect plastic or are you willing to buy some with flaws? If you're interested I could send you some pics. I'd be willing to come off the stuff pretty cheap. Let me know.
Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for all the support guy's! You guy's are great! So if I have to start over I may be forced to let this one go as a unit and get something new....It has Brand new Front and Rear tires....Mich power pilots, new plugs, new seat, good dtrong motor with 21K mils on it, good trans, good rims and sprockets and chain, Starts and runs good....would be a great parts bike if someone put a little wrench time in. I just wouldn't want to have to part it out myself. So either I find the parts I need or can sell the rest of the bike as it sits for a reasonable offer. So eitherway you can reach me at [email protected] thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Thanx for all the support guy's! You guy's are great! So if I have to start over I may be forced to let this one go as a unit and get something new....It has Brand new Front and Rear tires....Mich power pilots, new plugs, new seat, good dtrong motor with 21K mils on it, good trans, good rims and sprockets and chain, Starts and runs good....would be a great parts bike if someone put a little wrench time in. I just wouldn't want to have to part it out myself. So either I find the parts I need or can sell the rest of the bike as it sits for a reasonable offer. So eitherway you can reach me at [email protected] thanks again for all the help!
Chris, if you ever decide to part it out, I would be very interested in the engine. Also, depending where Windham is in ME, I could even pick it up to your place... Let me know please. Thanks!
Claude

1 - 13 of 13 Posts