Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 zx6r that cranks and doesn't start need help. I also don't know to much abt Motorcycles what should I do ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Miles ?
Have you had the Bike long ?
Has it been running without issues ?
Did it just not start one day for no reason ?
Any recent work done to the Bike either by you or someone else ?
That'll get us started ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miles ?
Miles ?
Yea the bike has been sitting for a while I bought it off somebody and put new spark plugs in it.has like 12k miles .I'm not sure if it started before.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is the Battery Good? It should of had a new one fitted as a matter of course as it's sat for a while, Voltage drop under cranking is a common issue with starting as they CDI will require a min voltage before it will work.
I've had Batteries go bad on one cell equating to 10 volts and still spin the motor.

You may need to get the Carbs cleaned at some stage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the Battery Good? It should of had a new one fitted as a matter of course as it's sat for a while, Voltage drop under cranking is a common issue with starting as they CDI will require a min voltage before it will work.
I've had Batteries go bad on one cell equating to 10 volts and still spin the motor.

I got a new battery a couple months ago and I tried to clean the carburetor but the bolts are stripped so I couldn’t deep clean it

·
Registered
204 Posts
I assume you mean the float bowl bolts in which case you need to get inside and clean them as that is not going to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume you mean the float bowl bolts in which case you need to get inside and clean them as that is not going to help.
All right well I will try to get inside the float bowl and clean I will update when I do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All right well I will try to get inside the float bowl and clean I will update when I do
I got someone to clean the carb but still having the same problem still I have no idea what it could be it still cranks and cranks but doesn't start idk anymore

·
Registered
204 Posts
OK at least we know the Carbs are good now (Fingers crossed) Did you fit them back onto the Motor ? Or the Guy that cleaned them ?
You need to check your getting a Spark at the Plugs next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts