Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im splitting my crankcase to replace trans and shift forks. Im having trouble with the actual splitting part. Whats the best way and best places to pry at?

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
The manual should tell you if there's a pry spot. Other than that, thump it with a rubber mallet. and make sure all the fasteners have been removed If you are doing this without a shop manual, stop now and get one. Otherwise, you may be on the verge of making a very expensive mistake.

·
Registered
562 Posts
theres 2 places....one on each side....looks like a place for a big flat head to fit....but if all fasteners are out,like hammerhead said,just bump it with a rubber mallet

·
Registered
562 Posts
ok,looked at my manual.....one is right behind the clutch.....the other is right infront of the ignition rotor

·
Registered
495 Posts
DO NOT use anything to pry apart the case halves. If you nick or scar the mating surfaces it will be a nightmare.

cheers

·
Registered
562 Posts
That's why Kawasaki put the two pry areas in the cases.....they are not in-between the mating surfaces....they are molded areas

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i got it split and check my trans and shifting forks. THEYRE PERFECT. I mean it. These things look just like my manual and as new should. So back to the drawing board. Ill start over. So when i would shift into 3rd it would be like i was in neutral and a grinding sort of sound. Forks and trans is perfect. Are their any other options other then a smurf playing cruel jokes on me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts