1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Not worth 3700 just because the guy looked on KBB and thinks mods and accessories increase the value.

The "retail value" assumes a stock bike in good condition with average miles. That thing is not stock, and modifications do not increase the value, they lower it.

Enkei rims? Those look like stock, 3 spoke gunmetal grey wheels to me.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Enkei makes the stock rims... he must have seen the casting and thought "Hey I have aftermarket wheels!"

Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh!!!

That's a $2500 bike, at most, all day long.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Enkei makes the stock rims... he must have seen the casting and thought "Hey I have aftermarket wheels!"

Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh!!!

That's a $2500 bike, at most, all day long.

Josh
Did not notice that.

I suppose it says enkei on them then lol?

Never even looked. They are very obviously stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts
Did not notice that.

Yeah they do. I hadn't noticed it for a while on mine either but finally did while cleaning the wheels one time. I've seen that in a bunch of adds already, guys thinking they have aftermarket wheels and listing it as a selling point. :rolleyes

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/2843853290.html

had a little damage done to mine in storage and was looking for fairings for an easy quick fix, found this
Holy crap, Dan, it's been forever since I've seen you on here... How's the bike running? How are things?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Did not notice that.

My ZX10R F&R wheels are Enkei, but looking at my spare 93 rear wheel it is "Asahi"

Sellers like that can be hard to deal with since they are off in La-La Land rather than reality.

Josh

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy crap, Dan, it's been forever since I've seen you on here... How's the bike running? How are things?
Yeah i know man, i thought i saw you around the gap last year and was gonna shoot you a call or a text. Anyways, life has been INTENSE lately. Madness all around and i dont know what to make of it anymore haha. Text me sometime and we can arrange some more ZX madness..:thumbup

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and i only put it on here because i dont see a zx7r on the road ever really, let alone an orange one like mine.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Not worth 3700 just because the guy looked on KBB and thinks mods and accessories increase the value.

The "retail value" assumes a stock bike in good condition with average miles. That thing is not stock, and modifications do not increase the value, they lower it.

Enkei rims? Those look like stock, 3 spoke gunmetal grey wheels to me.
There is a difference between tastful mods and butcher job molestations. This bike from what I can see has a fender elimator and flush mounted front turn signals along with the D and D. While these things won't add value they won't necessarly decrease this bike's value either.The paint, mechanicals, etc all appear to be stock and in good shape.. 13k miles is not out of line for an almost 10 year old bike.

What he is asking is right along with KBB not mentioning the recent work done to it. So he probably would take $3K for it. Not out of line at all.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2003/kawasaki/zx750_p8-ninja-zx_7r/72289/

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
3,530 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah joe i remember.. i just noticed it the other day somewhere in the garage.. i think in one of the shelves.. i should find it and put it on ebay or something haha

·
Registered
451 Posts
Iirc u got it from a friend or Co worker who dropped it once while riding and got scared of riding ever again and his son rode it once in a while around the block. Right??

I don't see any 7s around here in jersey, hell I barely see any kawis out here at all

What part of PA are you two from?? I'm right outside of Philly 10 minutes over the bridge

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Turns out he sold it, and is easily offended.

He equated it to a stock bose stereo.

I pointed out that advertising the stock enkei rims is like calling a vinyl seat a feature.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I haven't seen another ZX7 on the roads around here in over a decade...

A couple come up for sale though every now and then, but I never see them out on the streets.

Josh

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I could say Im lucky then. Cause I still see 7's quite often here in Tampa.

Met a new 7 rider the other day while on my way to the mall. He was Broke down on the side of the road so I stopped to see if I could help. ( Bike Over heated , damaged fan wire ) Point is his was orange. lol

Paul

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah so far I have the only 7 here in Bradenton, FL. There's a couple in Sarasota, but you never see them out and about. I've seen more 9's 6's and 10's than I have 7's or 11's. Most of the bikes here are either CBR's GSXR's or R's. Oh and lets not forget the ungodly amount of gay pirates riding around here. Gorgeous bike though Amp.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
These people must think they have gold. If thats the case then my 80% complete 89 zx7 should be worth $10k just cause it has the (from what I have been told) the super rare Black and Charcoal color scheme.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts