·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here...

Headers and halfpipe

Can without a core...yay Ebay!

Well this sucks!

Installed Muffler setup/ Can with no core, had to cut off the old headers the halfpipe and can came with because they do not fit the bike...that sucked...
Sanded and painted the original headers and they turned out decent...

Anyway the radiator is still good gotta do a flush and put in the real deal, but the bike sounds way better even with the tin can on the back. I suppose I have nothing to compare it to since I didn't have a muffler when I got it...hmmm

Waiting on ....windscreen and going to get the seats upholstered plus I have to rewire many electrical components since the wires are very shady...also dang there is so much to write I might as well do it in stages I am feeling a bit lazy right now...but moving along I suppose!:mfclap

·
6,850 Posts
Is that a Muzzy header with a stock midpipe????

Holy Crap Batman. You need a new Radiator and have no idea how you will get all that garbage out of your engine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude I have no clue what kind of header that is...but i think it is a stock midpipe haha...I had to cut it off the other headers since it was welded on and modify it to fit the potentially Muzzy header...and yeah the radiator debacle is a bit depressing...it's gonna need a whole lotta love there...:banghead

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if I should just put the pics in my old thread...any advice friends?

·
6,850 Posts
I have a rad laying around here somewhere. Let me look. I think it needs work, but much better than that one.

That is definitely a Muzzy header. Take that POS stock mid and have someone make a mid for you and chuck that can while you are at it. I made a mid couple times.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha I just went through hell to get that stock mid and that empty can on there ...so I can't just throw em away...need money first and the good parts will come after... I'm not super experienced at sportbike repairs/rebuilds...this is more of a learning experience...I have ripped apart many dirtbikes and my 4 wheeler in the past though...this is all new to me! :runaway

·
Registered
173 Posts
how can there be that much rust inside an aluminum radiator cooling an aluminum engine?

That has to be some kind of block/radiator sealer product.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:bangheadI suppose when you get a bike that was never taken care of all kinds of awful things can crop up....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts